Webflow Dashboard/Designer/Editor loading slowly (Oct 11, 2022)

Hey everyone,

We apologize and understand how inconvenient the intermittent problems in the Webflow Dashboard & Designer are.

As of Oct 12th, we’re actively investigating and working hard to remedy this and will give regular updates on Twitter and on status.webflow.com

Excuse me Matthew,

You have merged @Dylan_Hrurukvit’s post with the current problems with the dashboard, designer, and editor, but I personally don’t agree with your decision.

While those problems have been going on for the last two days, we were both referring to a long-term trend of degrading performance that started over a year ago.

While two days of issues can be annoying, they can happen even to the best companies. That’s why I consider this long-term trend separate and a lot more concerning as a Webflow user and therefore deserving of its own discussion.

Open to your feedback.

Update

Our teams have begun implementing changes to improve the performance issues of the Dashboard, Designer, and Editor. We are monitoring the impact of those changes and still actively investigating.

I have the same issue, been going on for two days now with no real fix. Webflow is getting unreliable and it’s getting embarrassing!

Can’t seem to upload images through the designer. Not sure if it is related to this or not.

1 Like

Unable to publish for close to 24 hours now. Emailed support and they asked me to wait it out until systems were stabilized. Need status ASAP.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP PlEASE.

1 Like

Unable to login to the dashboard as of 8.20am UK time. The designer and dashboard was working much better from 5pm yesterday until that time this morning.

The error is “429 Too Many Requests”

I would still like to know why on the status page, 11th October is green, when users started having problems then?? Makes me question how reliable the system is, how accurate that status page is, and how transparent Webflow is about their problems. How many other days have there been issues and they just show green?

THREE DAYS LATER AND IT’S STILL DOWN. Surely some kind of financial refund is due now, this is seriously affecting my work as well as my client relationship/s.

UPDATE: Just had a call off a client to say random fields are missing from the Editor when they are trying to make changes. This is making me look like a right idiot :frowning_with_open_mouth:

In case it helps – the client has been having difficulties in the editor this morning also. I’ve let them know about the issue.

When the editor stops functioning, they say the bottom nav of the editor becomes inactive:

Still having major issues saving work !
Collection list can’t be saved / updated.
I’m based in Berlin Germany.

Can’t publish any change either using the publish button - first time I see this. It is truly a terrible user experience :confused:

Hey everyone, here is the latest updated about the ongoing incident.

We’ve identified a few potential causes for the latency issues affecting Webflow.

We have begun implementing changes and are seeing positive improvements in performance and are continuing to monitor changes.

We understand how much these outages have disrupted your work — and thank you for all your patience.

Our team’s working tirelessly to get things back up and running asap. For the most up to date info please keep following: status.webflow.com

Webflow is driving me nuts today. I’m using the editor. It appears one way on the editor. I save it and it saves another way altogether.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

This applies to everyone here, please feel free to reach out to Webflow’s support team directly by clicking the Email for Support button on that page. It will let them know that your message is related to the incident.

Thank you @matthewpmunger !

A side note worth mentioning - I’ve noticed many sites on the web built in Webflow (including my own) have choppy / degraded loading performance at the moment. I know this particular issue is a Webflow designer facing issue, but it appears this issue could be seeping into the public domain to a certain extent. Anyone else experiencing a similar degradation on live sites?

1 Like

@matthewpmunger I would still like to know why the status page does not reflect the true impact. Both the 11th and 13th of October show as green.

When I look I can see the 12th is red, but it says outage for 4hrs.

This is totally misleading when a lot of users have been hugely affected for 3 whole days!

Even if not technically “down” I would expect the days to be amber/yellow or something to indicate a widespread and serious issue occurred.

It may sound petty, but if Webflow is not transparent on its status page then how can we really trust its performance metrics? As a new user, how do I know all those other days that are green whare valid? I have had random issues with slow switching of pages and saving things in the last two months, but assumed it was me as the status page says everything is fine. I understand issues occur, but 3 Days is absurd, and this has totally knocked my confidence in the platform.

1 Like