Webflow Dashboard/Designer/Editor loading slowly (Oct 11, 2022)

Couldn’t agree more. It’s now day 4 and the Editor is still not working correctly, despite Status page claiming otherwise. Time to reach out to support.

@bob_mcbob & @ConnectCreativeDes

Agree that the status page doesn’t appear to reflect the true nature of the incident. Here’s what I can tell you.

• The 11th shows a separate incident as seen in the list view.
  • The incident which began on the 12th should reflect properly once it is completed.
  • The length of the partial outage is not the same as the total length of the incident.

Once the incident is fully resolved, the team will review to make sure that everything is reported correctly.

1 Like

We have identified a contributing factor which we have remediated, restoring Designer, Dashboard, and Editor to pre-incident performance for the majority of customers. We will continue to monitor the situation throughout the weekend and are actively working to restore functionality to the users who are still impacted.

1 Like

We’re happy to report that since deploying fixes earlier today, we have seen a full return to expected platform performance We can’t thank you all enough for your patience and support as our team has been working around the clock to identify and fix this problem for the long-term.

Our team will remain on-call throughout the weekend, should you have any issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at support.webflow.com

Great! @matthewpmunger it does indeed seem fixed. I would still like to see the status page reflect the true scale of the issue

In my opinion this:

And this:

Do not fairly represent the issues that all/the majority of your users faced.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this @bob_mcbob - we’ll work with the team this week to get reporting updated accurately!

Well, today it’s even worse - my site took ages to load in the designer and when I tried the Editor, that was even slower. I thought this was fixed?

For me, even though the designer works, it is sluggish and seems to freeze way too often, especially during and after assigning ID’s to an element.

@ConnectCreativeDes & @Rudeism The issue was resolved at the end of last week and all systems have remained stable through the weekend.

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing slowness. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at support.webflow.com to report this.

Still 429 error…

While the status page says it’s all “operational”. So who’s incorrect? Me or the status page? (I hope I am incorrect :grin:)

@matthewpmunger I’d still argue the status page does not reflect the true impact of what occurred. Seems rather sneaky to me.

Hey everyone, we (Webflow) wanted to provide a summary around the instability that started on October 11 and share what steps we’re taking to prevent this from happening again.

On Tuesday October 11th we were alerted to latency issues in our Designer and Dashboard. Given the issues were widespread and not isolated to any particular API endpoint or product surface area, we immediately spun up a group to investigate. While updating customers to workspaces, there was an unforeseen strain caused on our platform by customers who had tens of thousands of sites on a single account. While our team worked to identify these accounts and expedite fixes for our broader user base, additional accounts were identified continuing to slow down overall performance. After spending over 24 hours triaging, we moved to isolate these identified accounts from our systems in the early hours of the 13th, and noticed performance and stability with our core APIs improve.

Since isolating these accounts and implementing the appropriate changes, we have shipped several updates to ensure that teams no matter the size of projects will not experience a disruption like this again.

We’re well aware of the impact this incident caused and have taken many steps in our Engineering, QA, and Reliability team to ensure this won’t happen again. We take enormous responsibility for our product here at Webflow and we all sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused.

During this time there was no impact to Webflow Hosted sites.

2 Likes

@matthewpmunger are you ever going to update the status page to show the true scale of the issue?

I’m still experiencing serious latency issues in the designer. Anyone else?