Small membership site with member-specific dashboard - best (and cheapest) solution?

Hi,

I’m currently writing a proposal for a client and I’m kinda stuck on a function that’s needed by him. Basically, I need to build a simple site with a login option. Behind the login form will be hidden a member dashboard (specific for that member) with a few numbers that should be automatically updated from an external source (Google Sheets or maybe Airtable via Zapier I guess?) I’m looking for the simplest and cheapest option available to achieve this, Memberstack might be too complex for this, there will be no more than 100 users at most.

Any experience with something similar or a link to a forum post/youtube tutorial dealing with a similar problem? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Jindrich

Hi Jindrich,

I think you can check https://www.pensil.in/

We are doing similar thing, it could be a use of you

1 Like

Hi @jindrich.d,

I’m really curious to know how you eventually approached this use case, and would like to suggest this approach for others who may find it useful.

Dashboard With Numbers Automatically Updated from External Source

Before using Memberstack you can build this out by using a Zapier automation which sends data to a data Webflow CMS collection when a form is filled out.

The CMS collection can power a collections list which can be used to show all the data available.

Let’s assume the collection is a list of authors and the ID of each item is the authors name,

You can even create collection pages for each author and display only the data relevant to each author using the author’s name in a collection list’s filter.

Filter Dashboard Content By Member ID

With Memberstack integrated users can sign up and login, and afterwards each user will have a unique member ID.

To get member specific content from an external source showing on a member’s dashboard,

• Load the external data into a Webflow data CMS collection with a member ID column,
  • Each member can have a unique member page generated from a Members CMS collection using the member ID as the page’s slug,
  • On each page, similar to how you can filter by author’s name, filter member specific content from the data CMS collection using the page’s member ID.

Unique Pages by Member ID

Follow these instructions to set up unique dashboard pages by member ID using the member ID as page slugs.

And I suggest checking out this related thread [TUTORIAL] How To Create Unique Member Dashboards using MemberStack

1 Like