als we (dutch ecommerce designers), know: Webflow is completely worthless, unfortunately. Because we love it.
Selling an website in the Netherlands withoud an Ideal payment option is a joke. I have been waiting foir it, but webflow isnt picking this up. There are tons of complaints, wishlist votes and still nothing is happening, so it is time that we should help ourselves.
I am sure there is a way how we can achieve the iDeal payment option right now. Is it possible to have some kind of ecommerce plugin in your website so the payment is done in another place so iDeal can be used?
I went to find it out.
If you want to use iDeal on your webflow website, you actually have some options.
- (Hard) Exporting the code of your website, check the code and adjust it so it can ‘survive’ while hosting it yourself. this way, you could implement for example Mollie into your website. ( https://docs.mollie.com/ )
Benefits vs disbenefits:
- cost friendly.
- conserve design.
- Requires serious coding experience
- Less user friendly for your client (adjusting little thing on the website and/or product categorys), exept if you program something for that aswell or use an paid service.
- very prone to hacking.
- Takes enormous amounts of time.
- (moderate but expensive) Using an app like Ecwid or other webflow-friendly platforms. There is a lot of them and it is dificult to orientate.
Benefits vs disbenefits:
+Client can always adjust, add and change their products.
- Less flexible custom design payment and checkout pages.
- Requires basic understanding of code.
- Double costs (paying for webflow AND the service).
- ugh ugh ugh i just feel so repulsed from this option.
- Export the code, load your clean designed body into wordpress. Use fields to embed the products into your site or just design certain animations, sections and other loose website elements and load them into wordpress.
+Client can manage the shopping items
+Less expensive than option 2
- Takes time
- ugh. might aswell just build it completely in wordpress.
I am not completely sure if those options might work. i am happy to hear your opinion about those ideas and i would like to look into it.
crying Webflow, i am really begging you, seriously. Just.Intergrate.Ideal. I wish i could say ill stop using webflow because of this, but unfortunately, there isnt a better option right now. but i am really reaching the point where i am willing to just accept the fact that this isn’t working.