ETA for lift on 100 static page limit?

I would like to know where we are on removal of 100 static page limit.

Words can not describe the disappointment when while working on 95th page of my site, I was issued warning that only 5 pages remain and prompted to add hosting. I came to Webflow for responsive design features and the ability to export code, not to be force-fed CMS and hosting. And I certainly didn’t sign up to pay $16/mo for “responsive design (but only up to 100 pages).” Such critical and debilitating limitation should be clearly specified in the plan description, which it is not https://webflow.com/pricing#account

One forum user notes being quoted “50% additional charge for 50 more pages.” Coming from static site background, the idea of page limit is ludicrous, and PAYING for additional pages, even more so. CMS is not suitable for all projects and for my particular site, needlessly complicated and an overkill.

Most other platforms do not impose this type of limit, and if they did, have lifted them. Here are a few:

Wordpress:
https://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page

Blogger:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/mJKRbnQ4Fso;context-place=topicsearchin/blogger/category$3Aother%7Csort:relevance%7Cspell:false

Weekly:
https://community.weebly.com/t5/Getting-Started/Limit-to-number-of-pages/td-p/57522

It looks like others have been waiting a while on this https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-106 As paying users, I believe we are owed a straight answer as to whether Webflow has intention to ever implement and if so, a timeline (days, weeks, months), so that an alternate solution may be identified if necessary. If nothing else, prospective users will learn from my experience and not find themselves effectively stuck in the middle of a project.

Please advise and thank you for your consideration.

6 Likes

I’m curious, what is the use case that needs more than 100 static pages? I imagine that maintaining 100 static pages would be more complicated than representing the common designs / relations with CMS data and templates.

The wishlist has status tags: future, in backlog, planning, development, beta, shipped. That wishlist item doesn’t have any of those statuses, so there isn’t an ETA. I’m sorry that we don’t have more info on this request for now.

I’ll ask about putting that limit on the pricing page.

1 Like

Thank you and I appreciate your comments. Site is primarily for presentation of images and once deployed, won’t need much updates or maintenance. I can’t use Lightbox, as it lacks the ability to customize (default black background, caption overlapping image, fixed font, etc.).

I also do not wish to go the CMS route in case site has to be moved to a different platform anytime in the future. I understand CMS may now be exported to CSV, but I’m not a developer and wouldn’t even know what to do with it as some others on this forum https://discourse.webflow.com/t/export-cms-site-as-static-site/78576

Workaround I’ve found, is to use my allowance of 10 sites as staging areas so to speak. Generate the files, export, then put them back together locally before uploading to server. Not ideal and cumbersome at best, but it’s the most realistic solution I can come up with for now, especially considering time and resources already invested in getting up to speed with Webflow and this project specifically. Webflow works for me every other way and I’d love to be able to endorse it whole-heartedly. This, however, is a tough one to justify.

Anyone else experiencing or sympathetic to this issue, please vote for this wishlist. Thanks.
https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-106

P.S. Apologies for “Weekly” autocorrect typo on original post (obviously meant “Weebly”).

+1 on the need for more than 100 pages. Collections are great, but not always the right tool for the job. Some reasons why Collections will not always work:

• Inability to create nested URI structures that some clients require
  • Collections become too complex on some pages due to many components
  • Lack of design flexibility that some clients require
  • Collections as well have relatively low limits on qty and items that we run into and work around by building landing pages

As is, we cannot consider Webflow as a solution for large sites until the 100 page limit is removed and will have to recommend other competing solutions.

3 Likes

I see Webflow’s philosophy of enforcing such limits as reasonable by conception, but too crude by implementation.

For example, this 100 page limitation could have been implemented by making a warning message appear upon trying to create your 101-st page. The message could have embedded gifs, displaying the possibilities of collections, plus an option, to request more pages for your particular account at an extra fee.

This would let Webflow know why you need more pages and why collections are not useful for you, at the same time. This is a feedback loop which would keep them creative in coming up with better solutions, while the automatic, “adamant” limitation approach keeps them in the dark about unexpected cases, where their philosophy turns out inadequte.

Also, in the pages panel there could be some notice saying “100 pages limit” with a question mark tooltip, explaining why. Same with pricing page. Otherwise people would think it’s a technical disadvantage instead of a planned constraint.

Large organizations need a higher limit, too. Not every page can fall under an Event, Blog collection, etc. There shouldn’t be a restriction on Enterprise plans.

3 Likes

Hi, If I wanted more static pages what would Webflow charge me? So, I already have 100, and say I wanted another 100 static pages, what would the charge be? I am serious because it may be relevant to me. Thank you.

1 Like

Email priority@webflow.com. Ask them about solutions to get past 100 static page limit and request lifting the limit. Specifically mention not to be confused with CMS.

I got past 100 static page restriction on one of my sites and only payed a few bucks more a month for hosting additional pages.

good luck!

1 Like

Webflow has repeatedly stated that 100 static pages is a fixed limit and there was no option to increase it. Are you stating that they did? Please provide more details.

@webdev

2017 or 18, I was working on a project when we hit the 100 static limit (we worked on a bunch of landing pages for google and facebook ads on about 100k/mo ads).

We had deadlines and my associates and myself pestered webflow everyday to increase the limit for at least a week. They eventually increased the limit and increased hosting fee for it.

Looking back, this might have been a one off thing.

That was the only time I hit the 100 page limit. I use CMS and subdomains for everything else now.

1 Like

Two major problems that have caused us high-page-count websites is 1) high-performance multi-lingual and 2) crude single-page CMS limits, which kill Designer performance, and must be split up (a direct recommendation by Webflow to us).

100 pages instantly turns into 50 with a mere two languages. A big CMS? “This hurts Designer performance. Split it.” The latter has nothing to do with rendered website speed, but Webflow’s own limited, poorly-managed Designer.

And, yes, for serious layout changes, it’s a nightmare. But Webflow has these walls setup everywhere, so I think some users are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

3 Likes

Hi, None of this makes any sense to me. Right now Webflow is riding high, but decisions like this only cause some of its happy customers to resent it. Even if the company wanted to rinse every penny out of its customers, then why don’t they charge more for the extra pages and publish a rate page.

I can’t understand why we can’t have a page published around the 100-page limit because a lot of people seem to have an issue with it. As I said, although I resent paying for more pages, I would still pay more if the option was available. I would always like to stay within the 100-page limit as it’s in my interest, but I need to have that option.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Are there any updates on increasing the page limit? We run a website with various locations and languages, and that every location has about 25 pages. If we duplicate to translate to other languages times 5, then we are quickly on the 100-page limitation.

We seriously need the increase.

Thank you.

My business is also concerned about the 100 page limit. It seems unreasonable considering the cost and alternatives. CMS is a workaround for many projects but not all; it’s overly complicated and design-limiting for what we’re trying to accomplish. We are considering hosting elsewhere with fewer restrictions like this, but would prefer to stay with Webflow.

No change on this has been announced so it would be pure speculation as to whether this will ever be possible. If you have requirements that exceed the limitations of Webflow I suggest you seek an alternate solution.

Hi Jeff,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will look for other alternatives for sure.

Have a great day.

Thank you for the update, Jeff. That’s a shame, though. It’s an unnecessary limit in today’s environment. Hope this is resolved in the near future.

1 Like

Just hit the 100 page limit and am absolutely shocked. This is a charity website and with sections of vastly different nature (fundraising, patient support, research funding…) I cannot begin to imagine how to further condense things into collections. There are a lot of landing pages and a lot of content that requires unique layouts. Plus: content’s supposed to sit in a folder structure with URLs that clearly correspond to site sections…

And this charity is just about to re-develop two of its sections! How am I supposed to setup draft pages for new content while keeping the current ones live!?

Right now, this seems to be an disaster to me. And we’re the ones who recommended Webflow. But some of the limitations are just bad :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I’ve promised them all sorts of fancy stuff that you just can’t do with collection template approach where one template’s supposed to fit. What now!?

I thought that WF would ‘enable’ me rather than ‘disable’…

@spirelli Do you have a read-only link to share? I’d like to see how you’ve set up your collections.

Hello, I have also reached the 100 static page limit + the 40 CMS collection pages limit for months now… I would have never though that Webflow would have a limit when I first started my client’s project (even tho it is mentioned on the pricing tab, I did not pay attention to that) and now I am stuck with it. It is a shame in such a competitive world.

I believe that many of us are in the same situation and I also believe that we do not require an unlimited number but at least 25-50 more static pages and 10 more on the CMS collection list. I have repeatedly been told that it will affect Webflow’s overall performance… Really that much for just 25-50 static pages and 10 CMS collection??? My client has been paying the Business plan for years, has 7 websites hosted on Webflow, which puts him probably on top of the list in terms of Webflow’s customers and I had to explain to him that we are stuck even tho he pays the big bucks for it…

My client will never want to change platform for SEO purposes and the headache of moving thousands of pages so I am stuck right here with this limit…

Please Webflow team, strongly consider our requests to give us a few more pages.