Collection sorted out and loading inside another collection

Hello Community! Hope u’re okay

My problem is the following:

I have a collection of Events.
In each event, I want there to be different Talks or conferences.
To be able to “automate” everything, I created the Talks collection.
Now, every talk appears in every event.

What I would like to do is, let’s say I want to see the event from June 16, when I click on it and land on said event page, I would like to see ONLY the talks and conferences that happened on June 16.

I’m not quite certain how to proceed to make only targeted talks load and appear on each particular event. I’d say there is some custom values or attributes or tags to work with but to me right now it’s a like a needle in a haystack, and I’d need some pointers.

I’ve looked a bit at that topic : Collection inside a collection but it didnt answer the question.

I looked a bit on Finsweet to get a webflow extension, like CMS Combine, or Sort etc, but I’m not sure how it works exactly, or how to properly make it work…

Here is my read-only link: Webflow - PSDL

I’m sure it is possible as pretty much everything is when coding ^^

How you design your CMS depends on the specifics of how you need your UX to work. However what you’ve described above, the general approach would be;

• Events collection describes your events
  • Talks collection describes your Talks
    • each Talk has a single-ref to the Event it was a part of

On your Events collection page, you drop a collection list, bind it to Talks, and filter it so that the Talk’s Event = the current Event.

Thank you Michael, it was indeed much more simpler that the method I had in mind, I didnt fully understand how to properly use the reference/binding option in the custom fields on a collection. Now it makes much more sense, and I think I can grasp the gist of it :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you again!

1 Like