Workspaces, roles, and permissions - everything you need to know

@Reel_Me_Designs - You would need to get a workspace plan where you can add another designer to collaborate with you on your site. See the first post for links.

Can someone please help me figure out how come I can’t see Workspaces in my account and only “Teams”?

See video:

1 Like

@DavidDL - You will have to wait for Webflow to migrate your account to a workspace. Webflow mentioned that it would take a couple of weeks about that time ago so maybe it will happen anytime, or they ran into issues. Communication is not their strong suite IMHO.

1 Like

Hi, I have a few questions:

1. Is that different Workspace could have different sets of billing and payment info?

2. I would like to confirm that a member of one Workspace will not have access to other Workspaces and sites inside, is it correct?

3. Will a member of one of my Workspaces be able to see such Workspace is under a Webflow user account?

4. Will a member be able to see the list or names of other Workspaces that my main Webflow user account owns?

1 Like

I am so disappointed by Webflow…

1 Like

So in other words: PAY US MORE FOR THAT FUNCTION! Huh?!

1 Like

Any news on your “internal discussion”?!

1 Like

I am also concerned about this. I’ve been with webflow as a team user and now pro user going back to 2016. I work alone and this plan I’m being squeezed into has a whole load of features that I’m not going to utilize. It’s frustrating to say the least.

Can we please find some middle ground with a freelancer plan (essentially what we have now)?

1 Like

Wait, guys, you’ve said that Pro users will get a special code that can be used to bypass the Workspaces, basically, keeping the same price.

I did it, applied for the code, got it and used it — however, today I’ve got this notification ↓

What the heck? Am I being transitioned to Workspaces anyway?!

2 Likes

I also got this message! >:( :angry:

Hey @GeorgyDesign and @kainwunder every account is transitioning to the new workspaces, we’ve taken it even slower than the timeline mentioned originally as seen above. If you have trouble with your Pro discount or transitioning, please reach out to support direct.

One other thing to note with the banner in the Dashboard, you will see that also if teams you are part of need to transition. Gregory, I can tell by your screenshot that you are part of some teams which may need to transition as well. Click the Switch to workspaces button will ask you to select the account to transition and then walk you through the process.

1 Like

Hey Mathew!

Thanks for the reply!

I did already contact Webflow Support and the support team confirmed that the “Pro” discount is unlimited and won’t disappear :fire:

Also, the transition, according to the support team’s email, is safe because I’ll still keep my discount and can safely use Workspaces. I suppose if I transition to Workspaces, then I’ll get “Growth” plan (in a way) but continue paying “Pro” plan price.

I’ve never been a part of any team, so it’s not true. I could’ve been invited as a collaborator/editor, but it doesn’t count as a team, I guess.

Again, thanks for the reply!

P.S: I’m Georgy, not Gregory. Why people (mostly, from United States) always call me like that? I mean, it is a name in English, not like I making it up! :rofl:

I work at an advertising agency and we have many customers’ websites in our team. Will we be able to set up a “workspace” for those customers who want to work in the designer? And that the customer has a free account and only accesses their site?

Glad that the support team was able to help you out. Also check out the new workspace plans for Freelancer and Agency in case they are a good fit for you.

My apologies, I must have been moving too fast when I typed that.

@sannikrde If I understand correctly, you’ll set up a free Starter for each client and transfer the site to it. Once guest access is released for the Agency workspace plan, then you can add people from your agency to the client’s site for no charge to the client.

You can learn more about the upcoming guest access feature on the blog announcement or this landing page.