Webflow online courses membership

PRE-BUY QUESTION!

Right now I build custom websites with Wordpress for clients that includes membership (MemberPress) and online courses with progress, gamification, etc (LearnDash). There are a number of different plugins that go along with this to make it all flow really seamlessly.

I started to look at Kartra as an option, which I kinda love because it comes with funnels and email campaigns too.

However, I like the idea of Webflow and am curious if I can create the same thing with a couple of additional integrations.

…Possible?

Thank you for your guidance and expertise in advance.

Amanda

3 Likes

@HeyAmandaR :thinking: you can use either memberpress or memberstack with webflow. I haven’t looked at learndash yet so I don’t know about that or Kartra either.
You can do a lot with webflow, memberstack and either zapier or integromat as well as something like convertkit for emails.

1 Like

Hi Amanda! I actually have the same exact question :slight_smile: looking into purchasing kartra and really wanting to know how to integrate it with my webflow site. I’m going to start the trial and see if i can figure it out… Happy to follow or be in touch about this !!

I am a long time Webflow user but just new to Kartra and have the same goal. Did you get far in your assessment yet?
Love your feedback!!!
Happy to share.

I’m not at all familiar with Kartra and all of the options it has, but… to answer your question in regards to Webflow and a couple of integrations, the answer is yes.

Checkout this quick video walk through of mine using MemberStack:

Hi Sarah, I’m interested in possibly using Memberpress for a Webflow project (the client wants to use Memberpress), can you elaborate on how you may have used Memberpress to work with Webflow please?

Cheers
Grant

Hi Grant. I haven’t used Memberpress myself but there are tutorials out there if you’re still looking into this :slight_smile:

Hi Amanda, I wish we could have a look at an example of sites you want to build to get a concrete idea of how to advise you best, but based on my knowledge of Memberstack and Webflow, YES,

It’s definitely possible to create custom online course sites with membership, progress, quizzes and fun interactions on Webflow using Memberstack plus additional integrations.

Membership

Memberstack allows you to offer free or paid access to digital courses, and gives you full access to your member data so you can work your sales funnel with other tools

https://www.memberstack.com/for/education

Funnels and Email Campaigns

Using Memberstack you can create free membership plans to generate leads, and because you’re using Webflow which comes with excellent Zapier integrations, you can run automated email campaigns as actions happen on your Webflow site, e.g a user signs up, with any of the many email marketing integrations that work on Zapier.

Quizzes + interactions

Quizzes will require third party integrations.

Master the Handpan is an example of a custom course site entirely built on Webflow which integrates Tryinteract quizzes using Webflow’s embed feature.

To achieve a sense of progress after a student successfully passes a quiz, the success button of each quiz can point to the next item in the custom course.

But there are other options for integrating quizzes which Webflow lists on their integrations page

Customisation + Templates + CMS

Plus if you’ve come to Webflow it’s likely because you need full customisation of your course site, which won’t be as easy to get with Wordpress or Katra templates.

The Webflow’s designer allows for full customisation of your course site and makes it easy to add fun interactions. And if you still want templates flowbase has you covered.

While the Webflow CMS allows you to host all your course content on Webflow.

I’d definitely suggest utilizing the CMS template pages to power your course pages.

Inspiration

Checkout Webflow’s case study of building a course in Webflow https://webflow.com/blog/building-a-course-in-webflow
Also checkout this showcase of a course site that’s powered using Memberstack Memberstack – Showcase - Leonardo English

2 Likes

Dear Dozie, thank you for your answer. However, i have been researching this thread and your provided links and i still do not see how to offer, using webflow, a Learning Management System functionality (LMS) that offers: learners being able to track their own progress, earn a certificate upon completing a Course and create a Course that consists of e.g. 1) pre-survey, 2) an elearning created in an Authoring tool (SCORM or xAPI integration), 3) an exam => certificate if succesfully passed the exam (available in the learner’s profile). Should we use Zapier to integrate LearnDash into webflow? Does this work smoothly? The examples you showed (Leonardo English and the Handpan only used video base e-learning - which is pretty basic). thank you for clarifying. Stefaan