Selling multiple video courses natively with Webflow users

Hello there.

I’m sorry if what I’m about to ask has already been answered somewhere, but after searching this forum and the net I have not gotten a a definitive answer.

I would like to build a video “course section” with multiple courses, where you only gain access to courses you have purchased and I am wondering if it is possible to achieve that with Webflow and its Users and Memberships natively.

It would look like this:
Courses Section (list of 50 courses). For each, there would be a button that either says “Watch me” or “Purchase me”. From there it would take you to either the course page or ask to purchase the selected course.
Of course(heh), each course purchased would be tied to your account so you can log in any time and gain access.

The bottleneck I am arriving at is that you can only create 20 access groups so there would be a limit of 20 courses as I do not see any other way to restrict access to certain pages. Also I do not see a way to display different states for the buttons so the users would have an easy overview of which courses they have purchased and which ones they have not.

If it is not possible I completely understand. The native option is powerful already and we can’t always have it done for us. So if there is an alternative, like memberstack or other course platform integration please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time.

@Vents_Karelis - Webflow is not actively developing Users, nor Members. As such I would not recommend building a business model around them. Look for alternatives. My preference would be to use a system that supports both at the application layer, not as an addon client side JavaScript solution since there are limits to protecting your valuable assets with the latter.

I’m a full stack developer with plenty of more capable tools. Feel free to DM me if you would like to discuss options.

1 Like

hi @Vents_Karelis as @webdev mentioned WF is not suitable for this kind of services. There is many services that are more suitable for your business plan like Podia for example that may be you are looking for.
Here is one article example with comparison but feel free to find other similar articles.

you can always hire a developer like @webdev to do that for you. It is our profession.

Thank you gents for your replies. I appreciate the direction. Ill discuss this with my client and see where we go.

Hi @Vents_Karelis.
Josh with Foxy here. If you don’t get what you need, you might consider our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow

We support memberships, ability to show/hide Webflow content based on purchase history, embeddable customer portal, 100+ gateway integrations, and more.

Here to help if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Depending on how deep you wanna dive, Memberstack is pretty straightforward, then of course you can opt for something like Wized which give you whole other level of customisability and you can basically build a full web app.