Update to the new Workspace Growth plan's pricing to support freelancers

I’m currently on a Lite Plan (16$/month annual). If I understand you correctly I’m supposed to transfer to the Core Workspace Plan for 19$/month annual? Will it include everything that the Lite Plan currently does? Are you planning on giving a discount for everyone with a Lite Plan as well when transferring?

4 Likes

Yes, fill out the form now. You will see a notification in the Dashboard when your account is ready to transition.

The expectation is that most of those on the Lite account plan will transition to the Core Workspace plan. A big benefit that this brings to you, by Webflow combining individual and team accounts into a single type called Workspaces, is the flexibility in the future to expand and contract your plan with the demands of your business. This is just the beginning for enhancements to sites, workspaces, roles, and permissions.

Freelancers and individuals are still very much a core customer for Webflow. I say this as a still active freelancer using Webflow outside of my day job.

But Webflow are giving no new benefit we asked for or want. We had flexibility anyway (sometimes I used the pro plan when needed).

They have given us something we specifically don’t require and are changing more for it.

This is frustrating when there is so much in the wish list that we actually need and have been waiting for for a long time.

For example a small price increase while finally delivering a solution for GDPR / cookie laws would have been a great sweetener.

You will understand, from a user perspective it would be better to have simply called it a price increase. It would not have had the emotional reaction from users which a perceived breach of trust can bring.

One thing that is still hard to understand is that Webflow are easing the path for those on the Pro plan. But Webflow is keeping the increase in price for those on ‘lite’.

It is hard to feel that freelancers and solo builders are genuinely valued when this is the case.

I hope the team will reconsider this and the signal it is sending.

8 Likes

Hello,

What is the deadline for lite plan to migrate to the pro plan?

Thanks

1 Like

@PixelGeek @matthewpmunger Hey guys. Just so you know that I’m not sitting on the sidelines in this discussion ~ I’ve built 100+ Webflow sites and am a huge advocate for Webflow. And the way the very loving and passionate Webflow community view Webflow has been for the most part super positive from my experience over the past 3+ years. Also, as you know the community seems to be a huge part of what is driving the success and popularity of Webflow. However, this feels like a change in the air and I can feel the shift in the community which makes it feel like A) The freelance/small agency community is getting shafted and Webflow is not on our side and B) Way too complex.

Surely there is a better way to structure Webflows subscription so the vast majority are happy and it’s easy to understand, no? It doesn’t seem like the community has been prioritized in this decision, which seems really different for Webflow.

Is there a way we could create a real conversation around this with the community and die-hard Webflowers perhaps? I’m sure there could be so much value and potentially really constructive ways that could explode Webflows popularity and uptake/usage if it was structured in a way that at the very least didn’t cause confusion or discomfort.

My thoughts :man_shrugging: Hopefully it’s helpful or starts something helpful.

10 Likes

From the help article in the University

The banner will also show the date by which account owners need to make the switch. After that date has passed, we’ll automatically transition your account to the appropriate Workspace plan based on team size and feature usage.

You will need to initiate the transition before the date indicated in your Dashboard. Accounts that haven’t been manually transitioned by an account owner will automatically transition to the appropriate Workspace plan on this date.

Basically, once your account is eligible to transition you will see a banner with instructions and a transition date.

This forum post is a great place to start, with asynchronous conversation. Please feel free to add your comments here. The Webflow team is listening and reading even if we don’t have immediate answers to give.

There are many other ways that feedback is requested or received, but this forum and the wishlist are two of the most public places for comments with the other being the Quarterly Q&A with Vlad.

This is a wild expectation. I’m a solo designer (Lite). I don’t collaborate with anyone, and probably never will—but Webflow wants me to pay for features that I might need? Since when does anyone choose a plan like this? “Cool, Intercom does product tours. We don’t have a product to tour, but let’s pay the extra $199…just in case.”

5 Likes

Hi, I’m also a solo designer currently on the Lite plan and just want to say that I think it is a shame that Membership and Logic didn’t get released at the same time as the plan changes. It would then feel less like a price increase as there would also be additional features that everyone can use, even if they don’t collaborate with others. I really hope there won’t be additional costs for those features when they are ready after this increase, although I fear that membership probably will.

4 Likes

Okay - trying to understand where we stand if we’re still on an old legacy personal plan?! The reason I never moved to a lite plan was because I can have 20 unhosted sites currently and only 10 on the lite plan. There is obviously a price difference between lite and pro so chose to stay put. I have 5 sites hosted with a mix of CMS, E-commerce and standard site hosting. However I currently have 19 unhosted sites. What happens here? Do I have to forfeit 10 of my unhosted sites if I move to a core workspace plan? The cost of moving to a growth plan is huge from what I am currently paying monthly. Need some help here.

4 Likes

This is a huge need. Just because people are a team of 1, doesn’t mean that they don’t need to revisit old projects. Archiving old work is essential no matter which plan we’re on.

6 Likes

I am now being told that even though I have a team account (of 1 person) this discount will not apply to me and need to pay the full price for workspaces.
I had used a team account for about 6 months while working with other people - in that time we launched and hosted numerous sites - which obviously can’t be transferred because hosting is not refundable - and now they are saying I cannot have the discount for workspaces even though the only reason I still had a team account was because they make it impossible to move sites within your own account when they are live
Is anyone else dealing with this with webflow support?

2 Likes

I honestly just feel sad and deflated by all this.

Spent the last few days scouring the web for some simple answers, only to find this.

Since 2015, Webflow has always brought joy to my creative work, but these bizarrely convoluted pricing changes leave me cold and dejected. There was also a lovely human feeling to Webflow but that also now feels diluted.

How did the WF team not think that these crazy limitations would decimate the clonable / showcase community? Why on earth would we waste one of our precious 10 sites on a fun project to share with our fellow Webflowers?

Honestly, I’m not in love with the brand anymore, and I’m uncertain whether I’ll remain a customer.

5 Likes

so true! thanks for sharing your experience.

1 Like

Wow, I literally had to send a support message to beg for freelance discount. What a humiliating way of dealing with your non-corporate customers. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Wow, like other users, only have found out about it recently, and via a link to this post.

I have transitioned, and have emailed support waiting for a code to be sent to me. But this does seem like a counter productive thing and WF have shot themselves in the foot here.

The “Core” plan does not allow to remove the “Webflow” badge despite its a paid plan. And limits us to 10, what about our old customers who want to revisit projects or update their pages in the future? We cannot delete them, so this forces us to upgrade to “Growth”

I am hopeful that we get the code to keep our pricing structure the same otherwise it is not fair. WF certainly have missed out on the group that is in the middle of Freelancer and Corporate. Like myself, someone who has a group of customers.

2 Likes

I’m an existing Pro user and I did get the code that Webflow gave out to existing Pro users before starting implementing Workspaces publicully.

I’ve got this notification today ↓

As you can see, I’m still paying for annual subscription (it will extend at the end of September).

I honestly shocked. Don’t know why it’s happening because I do have the code and I do still pay for the Pro subscription.

1 Like

I’m also kind of disappointed with these changes. I’m a Lite plan user and basically this is a price increase without any extra benefits for me.
In desperation I started looking for alternatives and found these guys from https://teleporthq.io
They don’t have the visual builder as evolved as WF but they will get there. The difference is that they export the cleanest code I’ve seen to many frameworks, React, Next JS… which is way beyond of what WF can do. Basically you hand out the whole front end of applications to devs just to link the backend. Mind blowing.

I also found a lifetime offer via appsumo.com which will expire this september. Can’t find better than that really. Just hope they add features faster as they lack some interactive elements like dropdowns, accordion…

5 Likes