Transferring Site Domain (Google to Webflow)

Hi All

I am trying to move my domain which was being used on a Wix site to Webflow for my portfolio. I am having trouble finding my DNS settings. I’m 90% sure that it’s hosted by Google, despite being bought on GoDaddy. I have looked up on Google how to find my DNS setting which said I should find it in the left-hand menu on my Google Manage Domains Tab, but I can’t find these settings anywhere on Google, Wix, or GoDaddy.

Am I being stupid here? I have emails connected to this domain which I really don’t want to mess up.

I am a bit of a novice at this, so I apologise if I’m missing something obvious.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi Harry, it’s difficult to tell with your domain name redacted ha ha, but I’ll wager-

• Your domain name is registered at GoDaddy
  • Your DNS ( nameservers ) are running on Wix
  • You have email setup via Google Workspace

Since you’re shutting down Wix, you’ll need to transition your DNS records somewhere else. Here are some notes and thoughts on that;

1 Like

Thanks so much for spending the time putting this information together for me.

Sorry for hiding my domain, I had no idea if I disconnected it if someone else could use the settings… The domain is:

As far as DNS settings on Wix I have found this info:

Is this all the info I need?

I have the domain connected to a WIX as you say. I am not looking to keep this website up or bothered about redirects as it is just my old portfolio with nothing linking to specific pages that anyone will have links to.

I am unsure whether I need to get any more info, then do I need to disconnect the nameservers from Wix before I click the “change your nameservers” button on GoDaddy?
I am more than happy to try CloudFront although this is not something I have ever used before, looking at the set-up it (to me) seems really confusing.

Again thanks so much for the help, I already have a much better understanding of how this all works thanks to your reply.

Nice, your configuration is very straightforward. Using Cloudflare to capture your DNS settings probably won’t benefit you much here.

1 Like

Hi Michael, this is absolute gold for me. I have been stressing over these loads, so thank you again for putting these videos together for me.

Thank you!
Harry

@memetican Hopefully I’m not bothering you too much here…

I have updated my DNS settings on GoDaddy after putting the nameservers as the GoDaddy Default.
However I haven’t managed to change the CNAME file as I get the error “Enter a valid name, like “www” or “mail”” do I need to instead of writing “www” in the Name section, put “www.stilocreative”? [image Goddady DNS Settings]

I think this is what’s causing my published site to have this error in the image attached. Or am I simply being impatient here and need to wait for everything to update?

I have put my Webflow DNS settings in too, just in case I should be adding an SSL certificate that I am not aware of.

If you could help get me over this final hurdle I would really appreciate it.

Hey, I deleted these records on GoDaddy, then I set the www website address as default and it’s all up and running now, thank you once again!

Record 1:

• Type: A
  • Name: @
  • Value: Parked

Record 2:

Thnkas

1 Like

I’ve said it a billion times now but thank you. :raised_hands:

All working correctly, I will see if I can add some more MX records for my email just in case, but for now everything seems to be working great.