The designer becomes so slow and laggy that it's unusable

That’s the gist of it. No point being upset, just move to another plaform or workflow is all we can do. TBH it feels like Webflow is more of a marketing company than a tech company now. Rumour has it that a big platform update is coming. I haven’t seen any radical candor about this just yet, but a Webflow engineer did let a bit of info out in this Github issue I raised on an unrelated topic (yet with many parallels to be drawn to this forum thread).

So it could be that Webflow is building something totally new and not investing time into maintaining the current platform as they know it is soon to be obsolete. Who knows. Vlad did say this back in April 2020 which may be a hint at this too:

Anything new from Webflow would have to be pretty spectacular to draw me back. I deleted my account months ago because I no longer felt that I was getting value for money. I still do a little bit of Webflow work for existing clients that I built Webflow sites for (in their accounts), but for me the ship has sailed. Too buggy, too unreliable. I can’t see myself doing any net new work in Webflow beyond a basic landing page.

Better cool this thread down before they lock it. There is useful info here for those experiencing performance issues so would be helpful for this to stay up.

4 Likes