Sticky still doesn't work... Help?

I’ve posted some time ago about the sticky position not working. I figured it’d work itself out after an update, but so far it hasn’t…

Anyone got any ideas what’s going on?

Problem: Video link

(The left part containing the text should be sticky to the top of the page as you scroll down for the entire height of the right image…)

Live site: Live site link
Public share link: Public Share link

Hi

Position sticky will most probably not work if overflow is set to hidden, scroll, or auto on any of the parents of the element.

Let me know if you need more help ping me on Discord “mati#9475”

1 Like

Hi @Robin_SL,

Can you also try setting the parent element to position: relative ?

The parent element is set to a relative position and as far as I can see none of the overflow states are set to hidden…

Share a read only link.

Read only link

which page or section, video it’s different.

I have to admit I don’t see where it shouldn’t work, everything seems in order. Have you tried unpublishing / republishing ?

It’s the Brussels Philharmonic page

I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:

Its working fine it is sticky
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/superlab-website-3-1?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=superlab-website-3-1&preview=ec3639f64cecf5d44248cfa7fc73f9ab&pageId=5ebaa4fccf215c5f63e8bd00

Yes, it works fine inside the webflow preview, but not in the published version…

Re-publishing it hasn’t changed anything…

Yep I see that, you could try different class names or using fresh new elements, it will be a pain in the a** but for some reason I already had a bunch of elements failing and had to lay down fresh elements and it fixed the problem.

Or at this point, contact Webflow support team I’d say.

1 Like

@Robin_SL

your case study page, “body” have overflow hidden

1 Like

When I turn this of in the inspector the sticky works, so this does seem to be the problem.

However, inside the webflow designer my body element has its overflow set to visible, so I don’t know where this hidden tag is coming form…

Further investigating your page source, I believe you have some custom code to this page.

Usually custom code don’t effect in designer mode

1 Like

Yes! That was it! :smiley:

No idea how that got there, but thank you for your help!

you are welcome

Let me know if you need more help feel free to ping me on Discord “mati#9475”