Some questions about Team plans

So, it seems to me moving from the PRO Plan to the TEAM plan is something that probably occurs often.

I did go through this process this evening, and for me it was very convoluted. Particularly because it’s not clear the relationship between the two plans. It looks on the PLANS page to be two different plans but in fact it appears they are not. It seems to me the PRO plan is a subset of the TEAM plan.

My questions

1. Am I correct in that if I upgrade to the TEAM plan, then I also have a PERSONAL area which is just like the PRO plan? This area is separate from the TEAM projects so I can keep my own personal projects there?

2. If this is true, what happens if I bump someone OFF our corporate TEAM plan? Does it also kill their personal area? If not, do they get downgraded to the FREE plan?

3. What is the best way to move people in and out of a Team plan? IOW, what do I buy to be able to move from 2 people in month 1 to 3 people in month 2 to 4 people in month 3 and back to 2 people in month 4?

4. Is there a way to keep TEAM members from accessing a TEAM project? IOW, if I have 3 Team members and 2 projects, can I keep member A from accessing project 1 and member B from accessing project 2?

5. Is it possible to INVITE an existing PRO PLAN member to my team and not pay the TEAM price for them?

6. Sorta like #1 but perhaps a bit different as I am the admin for our TEAM plan. Do all people I invite to be on my team ALSO have a PERSONAL plan as well? Is it PRO?

I’ll go ahead and reply to my own questions.

1. Upgrading to the TEAM plan does not remove your current subscription to the PRO plan. You need to manually do this. So, this does not operate like upgrading from STARTER to LITE or LITE to PRO where you are removed from one plan and put in another. It is possible to be both a member in the PRO plan and a TEAM plan. I think you can probably be a member in several TEAM plans.

2. Because of the answer to #1 above, if you get bumped off TEAM you still have your STARTER, LITE or PRO account. They are not related.

3. There are facilities in the TEAM plan to help add and remove members. I assume the billing tracks with whether you’ve purchased month to month or yearly.

4. No way I can find.

5. No.

6. See #1 above.

Great questions :slight_smile:

1. Team Plans allow you to collaboratively work on sites that are managed and billed under an organization, outside of your individual dashboard. Individual Plans (Starter, Lite and Professional) use the same login credentials, but you can work on sites privately from a separate dashboard. And yes, you can be part of several team plans.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Not at this time. We are still working on permissions.

5. No.

6. Yes. But you can have a Starter (Free) plan and a team plan.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like