Site search beta discussion

Hi @Lindapham.

Yes it did the trick, now images is working. Sorry for late response but i hade to wait for my new 24 hours reindex option.
:grinning: Janne

Hi @RoseWebStudio

I have also seen this. I can add that there are also some different behaviors depending on what device you are using.

Janne

1 Like

Either I am missing something here or has search completely missed tho point? So far as I can see I can’t search a CMS collection - so still hundreds of items in a collection with no way of a website user searching them for what is relevant? I had a discussion with webflow staff two years ago about a cms without a search was pretty much missing the point of having a cms, finally it’s here and has no search for collection items? Really!!! Unless I have misunderstood, if so please show me how collection items can be searched.

Hi @Pulsar The site search is finding records in my CMS. It works fine

Me too, search and it find the cms items

We index all pages including collection/cms detail pages. You can exclude certain collections and pages from the index in the page settings.

1 Like

I’m having troubles positionning the Search box correctly…
I’ve added it as part of the Nav Menu, but it seems only the left edge of the search box gets positionned properly instead of the entire box.

Thank you for bringing this up. We have tweaked the “normalize” css that gets published with every site. You should be now able to set border radius on the search input in the designer.

Before (iOS search default):

After (iOS input default, still has some border-radius):

Setting border-radius to 0 in Designer:

3 Likes

I got something basic working by setting “Display Setting” to flex for both “Nav Menu” and “Search.”

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it a go and report back if any further issues

1 Like

@forresto
Thanks, your example helped me find what broke my layout.
FYI: my “Search Input” block was on position “Absolute”, which although it was inside the “search” (position “Relative”)block still shifted everything.

1 Like

Hey, just reporting back, everything looks good now, thank you so much for listening and fixing, appreciate it. You guys rock!

3 Likes

I think this COULD be my issue - I can’t get images to show up. I just turned off how it was pulling from the OpenGraph, so maybe it’ll work, but I guess I have to wait for it to re-index… tomorrow.

Here’s my share link if anyone wants to take a look. https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wesandgold?preview=94ea6736a853845b34959e2a3b7bab59

UPDATE: Turning off OpenGraph seems to have worked after re-indexing.

Is it possible to set columns/rows layout for the search results in the same way you get the option when adding a dynamic list ?

Like this:

layout

2 Likes

Great idea. Adding it to our list of enhancements!

1 Like

It would be nice if elements on a collection page that are hidden due to a condition are also hidden from search results automatically. This should also apply to child elements.

For instance, I have multiple text elements that are linked dynamically to a date in the collection but show/hide based on conditions to the date/time input. This displays the correct date format depending on conditional factors. On the search page, I see multiple instances of the date in a row with the different formatting.

2 Likes

Awesome - this will mean (online store) I can essentially style the search results in the same style as the product item listings = for the user it will feel more like typing in and applying their own filters, and less like a standard search experience…

Does that make sense?

:+1: :smile:

1 Like

Good point. I’ll look into this.

Here’s a shop with customized results:

1 Like

So far, I’ve got it to index and work properly as I wanted it to. Is there no way to access the search data? I can see how many search queries have been made and how many times it’s been indexed on the site settings page.