Site search beta discussion

First: Congrats Webflow - This is amazing!!

However i’ve found the first ‘bug’:

There are no images in my search results - they are empty.
They don’t show up as an IMG or as a BG in a DIV.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Yes, i do have the same problem. Did some testing yesterday with images
Did test on my live site

I haven’t published the site to my custom domain, but i did publish to the development webflow.io domain.
I think you should be able to see the images there already.

Anybody with this problem as well, but with a fix or workaround?
Webflow Staff - is this reproducable?

The element style gets a background image: none; for some reason.

I have been doing some testing regarding showing the search image. It looks like the image object can’t find an image if the selection is Search Image. When adding a static image it works fine.

I have a live site with search and it’s suposed to show images.
www.excellentskin.se

You need to push the search button on the first page (in Swedish “Sök…”)

Here is the share https://preview.webflow.com/preview/excellent-skin-hair?preview=b0c9860cf2650038f8dd4b4ab67a2c0b

Awesome work :clap: The search component was super easy to implement and customize, and it works great!

In the near future It would be nice to be able to add “near miss” words, and prioritize and group search results.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. We’ll look more into the default / reset styles for input[type="search"]. Here’s some background: WebKit HTML5 Search Inputs | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks

1 Like

Check your “CMS Collection Pages” settings… The “Search image” is set to the Open Graph image, so the Open Graph image needs to be set:

Try setting those, republishing, and reindexing.

Oh, I see that you do have them set on the static pages, eg “Vaxning.” I’ll look into this further.

I also have all OG images linked to collection items (images) - so dynamic images, not static ones.
(and it does not work here, images don’t show up)

Here’s my preview link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ixstudios?preview=374198f21a3e5257a6a022e623dec4f1

Hi,

Not sure what I’m doing incorrectly, but I can’t get the titles of my CMS reports/articles to show up in the Search Title results.

I want the search results to show only the titles and dates of the articles. So, I’ve excluded all pages from the site results apart from the Collection Page (“Stock Reports Template”) associated with the reports.

Here are the search settings:

And the link settings on the search results page:

The link actually goes to the correct page, but doesn’t show the correct text (highlighted):

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Unfortunately I can’t provide the link to my site as the info on there cannot be disseminated for legal reasons.

So, any thoughts?

Dan

You might need to reindex, if it hasn’t been indexed after publishing those changes.

I think this needed to be reindexed after the settings changes were made. It seems to work now: Search Results

(lovely site btw)

Wow! I just saw it working!

Thanks for the help and the compliment! We’re quite proud of our site, and hope this will inspire many of our (future) clients to also let us build them a Webflow site!

Keep up the good/great work!

2 Likes

One problem though - i did publish the site to my custom domain - but the search result images don’t show up there - they did on ixstudios.webflow.io! Can you help me fix this quickly? (i now have a site live that doesn’t have working images…)

Check Search Results … should be working.

Recently-done searches get cached, but that should clear up.

indeed! New searches do work! Thanks! Very happy Webflow user here!
Next up: Multi Language! :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. If you haven’t already can you fill out our survey here: Search Beta Feedback. A few other users have requested for this too. We’ll see what we can do.

1 Like

@JanneWassberg We found the bug you’re facing. It is happening whenever you are using the OpenGraph image for the Search image if and only if the OpenGraph image was added before we had released search. We’re working on the fix now.

In the meantime, you can make it work by deleting the OpenGraph image url and re-adding it. Don’t forget to republish and reindex.

1 Like

@JanneWassberg we just pushed the fix. Check it out!

1 Like

This does appear to be a strange behaviour on iPhone. I also viewed on another site and experienced the same so it’s nothing to do with any styling etc.

Webflow team please have a look at a search on an iPhone and you will see this.

Site checked https://www.excellentskin.se

Here you can see a kinda shadow in the search box at the top?

The search bar has a radius (even though none set)

When you type text into the box the shape of the box changes

1 Like