Publishing the website doesn't update changes

Hi, I’m stock with an old version of my website:

→ on the webflow domain changes are updating OK

→ on the linked domain changes are NOT updated !

I tried to unpublish and publish again on the linked domain, but it didn’t work.

This is my first website with Webflow and I advertised my client it would be very easy to push updates… :neutral_face:

Thanks, if anyone can help !

1 Like

Hi, it’s probably just a browser caching issue. Try hard refreshing your browser window or view in an alternate browser. I just viewed it and looks correct on the live domain.

Thanks, I see it alright now.

What else can you do, when removing the cache doesn’t work?

Anyone have an answer? I checked 5 different browsers on 3 different machines. Publishing NOT working. In Editor Publish button greyed out. In Designer, publishing not changing content on site. Could it be a Webflow Server cache?

1. Editor Publish Button greyed out for both my client AND me
  2. Designer view publishing doesn’t change web
  3. DNS didn’t change
  4. Browser cache NOT the issue
2 Likes

I have the same problem now. I published a page to the Webflow subdomain and custom domain. And content is updated only at the version with the Webflow subdomain. Not my custom domain.

Tried on different Chrome profiles and I can still see the 1 hour old version on my custom domain website.

After almost 24 hours the website was still not updated. So I tried to publish it only to my custom domain. And suddenly it started work. Sort of buggy product.

I would expect a more stable product from a multibillion company…

Hm … I also had the same error once and it kinda aswell fixed itself. Do you know any reason it could be?

@Jindrich_Bartek - Make sure you don’t have caching between your browser and Webflow hosting. If you want assistance debugging this issue then please provide URL’s and publish time / date info for each.

Hello - also having the same issue!

how can one remove caching between your browser and webflow hosting?

I’m having the same issue right now. No matter what I do, I can’t get a random selection of content to publish to the live site. It shows fine in Preview, and after clearing cache on 2 browsers, on 2 machines, latest changes won’t publish.

How can one remove caching between browser and webflow hosting? Has Webflow Dev come up with a solution for this? Seems to be a years-old issue.

A user can clear their browser cache to get the most recent content from a website. This can typically be done by going to the browser’s settings or preferences menu, finding the option for clearing the cache, and then following the prompts to delete the cached data. Another way to get the most recent content is to force refresh the website by using keyboard shortcuts such as “Ctrl + F5” (Windows) or “Command + Shift + R” (Mac).

If you use developer tools in your browser you can disable caching so you are always getting the most recent version of a page on your device.

It should be noted that Webflow sites have a HTML comment in the source showing last published date/time in GMT.

Example:
<!-- Last Published: Mon Jan 16 2023 16:00:33 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time) -->

So If you published the site and you record when you did you can double check that by viewing the page source as it should be updated. Just convert the date/time to your timezone offset.

Thanks Jeff. For clarity, I asked because it seemed like you were saying above that there was some additional way to clear caching between browsers and Webflow, perhaps with something within Webflow’s toolbox. I did already try the mentioned cache-clearing procedures. It still didn’t fix the issue. Even now, hours later the published website refuses to display edits I’ve made inside of Webflow, visibly saved in Designer, showing up in Preview, yet not publishing to the site.

Is this a known Weblfow bug being troubleshot that hasn’t been fixed yet?

Not that I am aware of. It is always worth checking the Webflow status page (status.webflow.com) to see if there are any known issues that may be causing the problem.

Does the designer indicate that the site published? If so, did you check the timestamp in the HTML source? Did it match or not?

If there is an error in the designer when publishing what was it and did you try to use a another supported browser with NO Extensions enabled to see if that persists?

Can you share the published URL?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/lifecamp?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=lifecamp&preview=ecd2a6446d7f83f1fe2fa5b74a4f17a0&workflow=preview

https://lifecamp.webflow.io/

Here’s what won’t publish

I right-clicked in the browser, then selected “Inspect Element,” and it worked!

I encounter a similar issue. I make an update to my website and it only partially updates the site (For example: I write “Time: 10 am”, but when I publish the site shows “Time: 1”).

I’ve done this from an incognito window - caching doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’ve also noticed that while it says “Time: 10 am” while editing, when I switch to preview, it strangely goes back to “Time: 1”. I’m very confused with the inconsistency. I’ve included screenshots.

I’ve tried different things for the last hour and a half(Cut/Paste, Incognito, Cleared Cache, Different browsers, Extensions/No Extensions), but have run out of ideas at this point.

I checked the suggested “Last Time updated” and got: <!-- Last Published: Mon Nov 27 2023 00:16:19 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time) – >. Translating this to CST - It seems like 6:19 pm which is likely correct.

Would anyone have an idea as to why it would only partially work?
Webflow-Error1
Webflow-Error2

Thank you!