My first ever church website!

Hello everyone. Today I would like to request feedback on my first ever church site. None of the sections are final and non of the links work, but I would just like feedback on the website layout and style. I love constructive criticism, so have at it. Thanks!

• Also, does the hero section look better with or without the colored navigation? Compare this image to the published site.

4 Likes

Hi @MinewireNetwork,

Very nice! I really like the bold images and text. My response to your navigation question: Boy, that’s a tough one for me because I like both. But, I’ve decided in favor of the blue nav; Just by a hair. I like the way the color “connects” with your blue Watch Now button.

You have a very good layout and design going. I see some spacing issues but because the sections aren’t final I will not point them out. Well, I’ll point out one small spacing issue for me. I would try giving just a bit more (not much more) space between the button and the date text.

For the target image, I would change the current teal color background to the blues you have working throughout the site.

Also, not sure if this is intentional but when I hover over the family photo it resizes and the paragraph below it moves. If it is intentional, I would consider doing without it.

Bottom line, it’s looking impressive.

@stuzz Thanks for the kind words!

“I see some spacing issues but, I will not point them out. Well, I’ll point out one” xD You are just like my father. But don’t hesitate to point out all spacing problems because they might slip my mind later on.

I’ll make the spacing changes and the color changes as well. Also, about the nav, do you mean just the blue on the top navigation and the gray on the bottom or just the blue?

@MinewireNetwork,

It’s your dad checking in :wink:. I like the blue top with the gray navigation at the bottom. As for more of the spacing issues:

• More space is needed below the “Who We Are” paragraph (but you probably know this)
  • I would increase some of the width padding in the columns footer

When I revisited your site today I noticed that you changed the Watch Now button to transform from a circle to a square with rounded corners. I think it would be better to have it as before without it changing shape.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks again @stuzz

• How’s the button and date spacing now?
  • The blue that I use looks good on the other elements, but on large paragraphs with white text, not so much. I may have to make that section a bit darker.
  • Could you describe what you mean about the column padding?
  • Also, does the footer look better with an image or with a flat color? Sorry for all the questions, but nobody else is around right now that I can ask.

Hi @MinewireNetwork,
You asked:

How’s the button and date spacing now?

Better, good job.

The blue that I use looks good on the other elements, but on large paragraphs with white text, not so much. I may have to make that section a bit darker.

You can try playing with darker and lighter variations of the blue that you have. Or, maybe introducing one more color like a nice shade of green, burnt orange, etc.

Could you describe what you mean about the column padding?

Sure. In your display panel on the right of the Webflow design window, near the top, you will see the Position and Display Setting tools. You can adjust the padding or margins here. I would give a bit more space on the sides of your columns.

Also, does the footer look better with an image or with a flat color? Sorry for all the questions, but nobody else is around right now that I can ask.

I find it a bit difficult to read the text with the video image you have. Maybe a different image would work better. Using the right flat color and text color will make it easier to have legible text. Keep experimenting.

Happy designing!

Thanks @stuzz, I’ll check it out!

You are welcome @MinewireNetwork