Importing CSS - any hacks?

I’ve been using Tailwind CSS more and more and it’s an absolute joy and productivity-wise, I’m able to be as fast and accurate as I am with Webflow. However, combining both would be amazing.

I’ve tried Pinegrow Tailwind and it’s really buggy with a subpar interface. I’ve also bought and used SystemFlow but it has a bit of a learning curve that I’m adjusting to.

Has anyone developed a hack that lets you use an existing CSS file? Having a simple integrated upload for outside CSS would be amazing but in absence of that, is there a solution?

I second this. It would be awesome if it was possible to combine the two.

You can include custom code in the webflow page settings. So if you want to host your css files yourself you can always link to them through there.

I use custom code all the time but the style selector field won’t recognize the css you place in the custom code section! So you’d be designing without visual feedback and would have to publish the site to see your changes applied, which adds up to hours over the course of development :confused:

Yeah I know what you mean. That is just how it is with this tool. I don’t think there is any way to make the custom code changes show up in the editor. Maybe they will add a way to do that in the future.

1 Like

Unfortunately this really isn’t what Webflow’s Designer was made for, so if you’re keen on using other frameworks you may want to consider a different tool or change your workflow a bit and see if you can utilize Tailwind with an exported project instead.

Until Webflow allows for importing content to edit (which I don’t see happening any time soon—if at all) then you’ll need to create all styles within the Designer for the UI to manipulate them.

Man my biggest dream is being able to import sites into webflow :smiley:

Embedding code written in Tailwind CSS into Webflow is not supported. Yes, technically you can do it, but it messes up the whole site. You have to make sure that Webflow classes and predefined Tailwind classes do not overlap. Trying to do that right now myself and it is a painful process.