Editing individual CMS collection pages

Hi. I am super new to Webflow and i’m trying to build my portfolio. I used the 21 day portfolio course to get started.

During the course, I created a CMS collection for projects thinking that as I finished more projects to include in my portfolio, I could add them to the CMS collection and edit each page individually.

What I didn’t realize was that I wrote my entire first case study in the collection pages template, so upon adding a new project to my collection, that newly added project page had all of the information from that first case study I wrote.

I have NO idea how to edit the pages individually (or if I even can edit them individually).

Basically I thought that the CMS collection would just create each page for me and display the project information and then I would be able to edit and add unique content to each page.

Somebody please tell me that this is the case and I can edit them individually :sweat_smile:

TIA

Ready only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-7c50f4?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=portfolio-7c50f4&preview=474761deb0457faf533882417a9517d4&pageId=602ee2ede14060f3e479bb2f&itemId=605a5f7d1e15321781aaeece&mode=preview

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same conundrum. HALP

Hi @Mikaela_Sand,

This post was referenced in a customer support inquiry and thought I would take the time to help answer here for you as well.

When reviewing your project, you are half way there. You started adding content to the individual posts, but you stop and added all of the content for one post onto the Dynamic page canvas. That content should have been added to the related post for which the content is to be linked to.

I recommend reviewing our CMS & Dynamic Content lessons on adding content, link ing to fields, and publishing, so that way all of your projects are therefore linked appropriately.

Happy Holidays