Double 'www' showing when published to custom domain

Hello,
I am having a similar issue as has been displayed in the forums previously but I can’t seem to find the solution. I am getting www.www. show up on the site and don’t know how to remove. Everything is showing green (good) and even in the url window shows up correctly but the site won’t open and it says typo www.www.
Can anyone show how to correct this issue please

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @jillbascome

Sorry your running into this issue. Sounds like you may have your root domain set as the default.

Try setting the www version as default and publishing your site again.

Thank you. I did what you suggested but based on previous forum discussions am I correct in my understanding that it may take a while before the correction takes hold due to DNS propagation? Still showing an error of www.www but the url address at the top looks correct (the tab is showing www.www still)

Propagation can take up to 48 hours. What is your domain name if you don’t mind sharing? I can double check things for you. :grin:

I am in Bermuda and the customer is using the .bm domain from bermudanic.bm
the domain name is pricelessmoment.bm
I have been speaking with them all week and I’ve done what they suggested. It seems to all be working I get no errors but the page won’t open
I would really appreciate your help.
Regards,
jill

Hm, interesting. I am not seeing any DNS records for that Domain, and I am also not able to find a Webflow Project with that domain connected. Could you double check the spelling? Thanks!

Oops…my apologies its www.pricelessmoments.bm
Thank you for the help

Thanks! Looks like it’s working for me. No double www.

I did notice however that you only have one DNS A record. If you can have two I recommend adding the second. The two you need are 75.2.70.75 and 99.83.190.102

Hi Drew: Hope you are still around.
I am having same issue. Connecting one of my clients’ domain www.shiftrisk.com and it gives the double www.www. issue.

I will wait for 48 hours but if you could check if the configurations are correct, will be of great help!

Hey @Fruture_Studio !

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Looks like you may have sorted it out already. When using A records on your root domain, you need to set the www version as default which I can see you have now done.

Let me know if you have any other issues. Happy to help.

Cheers,
Drew

Bonjour,
J’ai exactement le même problème. Après avoir attendu 48 heures, connecter les bons DNS A et CNAM puis en définissant par défaut mon nom de domaine : www.adrienkraljic.fr je ne parviens pas à trouver une solution.
(je suis chez OVH)
Merci de votre aide
Adrien

Hey @Adrien_Kraljic

Looks like it is working now. Did you do anything different, or was it just waiting for the propogation?

Cheers!
Drew

Thx for help
I must delete the cache on my navigator

Thx you so much

I’m also having this issue with Paradromics.com domain.

• My cache has been cleared on 3 browsers
  • I have the www.paradromics.com domain set as default
  • I have all DNS entries confirmed through online tool

I’ve been at this digital game a long time, and this is by far the dumbest thing I’ve seen when launching a site.

www.Paradromics.com is the URL

Having the same problem…I did set the www version as a default

I hope someone’s around to help me with this issue. I have 3 custom domains set up. We were using www.usracegear.com as the default, but I recently changed the default to www.stlouisracegear.com. I set up a 301 redirect from our domain registrar for stlracegear.com and it’s working fine, but usracegear.com is NOT. First, am I supposed to still have the A records and CNAME records set up in the DNS for usracegear.com? That’s the way I have it now, and it’s “connected,” but the site won’t load and shows www.www.usracegear.com. How do I get it to redirect to stlouisracegear.com? Our nameservers are with Microsoft 365 for email purposes, and I’m not seeing a way to set up a 301 redirect there. Please and thanks!

Hi, I am having the same issue, I have the double www and don’t know how to fix it. Please would someone help.

• Recheck your A and CNAME records, make sure they’re correct
  • Set your www version as the Default Domain
  • Republish

Wait for the smoke to clear. Browser caches hold on to redirects for some hours.

@memetican @Drew_Schafer
Guys, thank you for your advice in this thread.

My question is very simple. Is there any chance to make top domain a main link.
I don’t want to have www.name.com
I want to have name.com active?

Hey @PaulVinitsky

To use your root domain as default, you will need to use a DNS host that provides CNAME flattening. Cloudflare is one example of a DNS provider that offers this service.

Here are the instructions on how to set that up: Set root domain as default domain | Webflow University