Custom CSS selectors

I can see there is some work being done on the css selector part of the UI which is great.

I’d really like to be able to see a few features, I really miss the ability to target specific tags within a class or id, for instance I’d like to be able to style all

tags within a specific class.

Also pseudo-classes would be very helpful.

I know anything can be targeted by creating a new class, but these features would really help developers and would come into play a lot more, especially with the Webflow cms on the way, where data may not be implicitly styled. eg. all paragraph tags in a blog post (you dont want the editor adding classes to each p).

Thanks

1 Like

What do you mean “targeted”? By an interaction?

If you have an element with .class1.class2, you can still target .class2 within an interaction, I found a workaround: create a dummy div and give it .class2 only. Now target it in the interaction, it will show up. Now you can delete the dummy div.

1 Like

"Targeted"purely in a css styling context.

So if I have a div with the class “blogpost” - I want to ad styling to all <p> tags within blogpost

.blogpost p { background-color: red; }

Essentially some way of adding a “secondary” selector to classes added within the UI, the secondary selctor could be an html tag or a psudo class.

Yes, yes, I thought so, I was just giving the workaround for interactions in case of ツ

I agree for the possibility to style .class p. With Webflow we quickly learn to p.class instead, we’re like CSS salmons going up the river.