Connecting Network Solutions domain to webflow site? HELP!

Client has their domain on Network Solutions (www.networksolutions.com) and I can’t seem to figure out how to point it to Webflow. The dns and cname settings are a bit different than Godaddy’s.

Anyone familiar with Network Solutions? I have to upload this website today!

Thanks,
Alex

@aOne all you will need to do is create 2 A records, and a CNAME record. This can be done by managing the DNS settings of the domain. Checking their help articles, these should help:

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/a-records-ip-addresses-2/

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases/

Hey @aOne,

This will guide you Connect a custom domain | Webflow University

All the best,
Naweed

I followed the instructions exactly by adding the 2 A records and 1 CNAME.
Now no matter if i choose www or root domain as default…

It loads the page with an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR because all versions (root or www) of the domain are pointing to www.www.example.com/

To add to that… Network solutions instructions are to do the opposite and delete all A records to have a CNAME. Which makes no sense.

To make things even more confusing… the instructions on webflow for CNAME consist of
TYPE=CNAME, NAME=www, VALUE = proxy-ssl.webflow.com.

For CNAME records Network Solutions has the following:

I. alias=" "
II. “refers to name”=…
Which only has 3 options ( a ) autodiscover ( b ) mail ( c ) smtp
III. “Other Host”=" "

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? Iʻm dealing with the same thing :frowning:

1 Like

Help, I’m having the same issues. I know that Network Solutions is likely to blame, but there’s not much I can do about the client’s choice to go with them right now.

I added the two A NAME and one CNAME entry and it still won’t resolve. Been trying all day. Do we need to update the name server entries at all?

1 Like

@NoUsersLeft
Were you able to set up the domain through NetworkSolutions?
I need to set up the domain of a client today!

1 Like

Called Network Solutions 1/23/24. Webflow video shows input both DNS numbers with “A” but when I called Network Solutions one of the DNS was input with a “*”. My website is still not up and running. I keep receiving the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Information above was not helpful.

1. Set domain to www.jointscouplings.com received ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR because all versions (root and www) domain pointed to www.www.jointscouplings.com.
  2. Changed domain to jointscouplings.com I still received the same ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, both root and www pointed at www.www.jointscouplings.com
  3. Removed “*” for DNS input but how have a different set of error messages
  4. Set custom domain to jointscouplings.com or www.jointscouplings.com I get the message ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.
  5. Read on university.webflow.com: Too many redirects error, Set the root domain as the default domain on SSL hosting, and others, but no luck.
  6. When I contact DNS host networksolutions the company seems to know nothing about CNAME FLATTENING. Network Solutions does have all DNS A and CNAME placed into their DNS Management system. Anyone at Network Solutions lets me know this is a website hosting issue. Website host is webflow.com. Unfortunately webflow.com community has discussed network solutions problem but there is no solution.
  7. Reading anything on webflow.com describes issue with ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS and how to solve problems. Unfortunately none of the options webflow.com is providing a solutions.

I don’t have a testbed for this scenario available or I would give it a go.

I find NetSol DNS queries to be slow, changes take forever to propagate, and does not provide the flexibility for many of the deployments I do. What I do is use other name servers like Cloudflare or make Cloudflare the registrar. You have to be very careful however because if you don’t know what you are doing you can interrupt client operations.