Categories template help

Hi –

This is my first time using CMS and creating an e-commerce page. I feel like I am not understanding a very simple CMS concept. A product template and a categories template page have been auto-generated for me. I have a Navigation tab bar at the top of my pages that has a “SHOP” button. I want that page to be my Categories Templates page. I do not understand how to link that page to my Shop button. When I add the link “RedDevilLacrosse” to my shop button the button disappears after I first click. I tried to add a link option in the database, but not sure how to access it or what I am supposed to be accessing. Am I thinking about this all wrong? How do I set this up?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Read only link
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/reddevillacrosse?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=reddevillacrosse&preview=e52a020951f3e682d660c3d377d698e3&workflow=preview

Hey there @Deanna_Scinta_Lape !

There are 2 things that hides your Vlog and Shop items in the menu

The first one is actually on the 1280px breakpoint, where there is a display:none applied to the classes .button.shopreg and .button.vlogreg.
And there is another line which hides them as well. Can’t really see what causes it… maybe you can try re-applying the Display block property (for some reasons,sometimes, I find that I have to do that so it updates the property)

Also, like you did for the footer, you should turn your header menu in a component so it’s more managable :smiley:

Let me know how it goes !

HI Jean-Philippe

Thank you for the response. I removed the Vlog button as I no longer need it. And made sure the shop was visible along with converting my nav bar into a component (yes, much easier to manage).

However, I am still having trouble with my shop button and setting the proper link. I am confused if I am linking to the SHOP page (normal page I created) or if I link the Shop button to the Categories Template page?? If Categories template, I do not understand how to do that. If “shop” page, do I re-create the content that is on the Categories template page in my shop page??? I don’t understand how to access the Categories template page?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks -

Deanna

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/reddevillacrosse?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=reddevillacrosse&preview=e52a020951f3e682d660c3d377d698e3&pageId=60af78d54b3052730c03c949&workflow=preview

I used a collection list to link the Categories template to the shop button. However, it defaults to my youth category and when I click on other category links my “shop” button is no longer current. So, I have some things confused. I will review tutorials again…as always any insights are appreciated.

getting closer…

I am not sure how to set the All Products link as default and keep the shop tab current while on that page. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Hello @Deanna_Scinta_Lape, so sorry I missed the notification for your messages :frowning:
I hope that you found a solution to the issue…

hi -

Yes, I had to re-arrange the order that I entered of my categories to get it to default to the ALL Categories page.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.