Dropdown menu link

Hello! I am very new to Webflow and I don’t really know how to use it yet. I was wondering if it is possible to have a dropdown menu link or a button link to my products template page in my e-commerce pages.

Hi,

Are you trying to have a dropdown link to a specific product page, or a dropdown link to a categories page displaying products in said category?

Hi @Iamnotalen
what type of drop down you would like to add to you e-commerce page. Hoverable, clickable or clickable button?

Sorry I’m not sure. I don’t know much of the terminology yet. :frowning:

Here are some pictures so I can better explain

1st picture: I want to be able to click the dropdown…
2nd picture: and I want it to take me to the Products Template page in the Ecommerce Pages.
3rd picture: When I try to link it to a page I don’t get any of the purple options.

Hi! Thank you for responding. I tried to explain more in ritx’s comment below.

I would suggest watching some tutorials on how ecommerce functions within webflow, there are plenty of really helpful ones on youtube to help you get to grips with the basics, if you are unsure of the terminology and how it works. It can be a little daunting at first.

The product template page is not a page that is used on the actual website, it is just a template page that is meant to be used to define how the product pages are laid out.

When you add products, providing you have your product template page set up correctly, the product pages are generated and populated with the data you inputted when adding the product.

You can then use a CMS collection list and set this up to pull the data from your product names, with links to each products specific page.

OK so I should organize the template page and then a page for my products?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this.

The product template page is there for you to set up the layout, and any images, and any other info you may want to pull from the product data, plus any extra things you want to add. This will serve as the base layout as what your product pages will look like.

The category template page is to show all the products that match the said category. This is generally populated using a CMS collections list to pull all products of that category and display it on the page so the user can select their product.

You should not need to create and product or category pages manually, they are set up in the template and then the data is pulled from the product info to generate each page.

I would recommend using this series of tutorials to help you get to grips with setting it up. If you’re already familiar with the basics, then skip right ahead to episodes 2 & 3 for setting your product and category pages up.

Oh OK. Thank you for your patience you have been a big help to me! It looks like I have some work to do :slight_smile:

No problem. Once you get your head around the basics and understand how it works you should be fine, it’s not as complicated as it first seems.

1 Like