Can't change H1 / H2 / H3 etc for Mobile

Hi All!

Trying to change my H1/2/3 etc for mobile, but when I enter the mobile breakpoint, then select “All H2 Headings” from the “inherit” section up near classes, it can only modify the “All H2 Headings” as it relates to the desktop breakpoint. Ultimately, goal is to make headings a smaller font on Mobile, without needing to do a separate combo class for each class at the mobile breakpoint. Any ideas?

-D

Unless I misunderstood your issue… There is a page in the Webflow University that I recommend you review if you haven’t.
It should help you resolve your issue.

If you are still stuck, let us know.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the link. I reviewed the link for classes, but my bigger question was about using the “editing an existing class” method to edit the “All H1 Tags” I couldn’t find a way to edit that for mobile, I could only edit that tag for desktop, but I was able to use the Style Sheet from the Tags video to get it resolved.

You should be able to edit the ALL H1 Tags on desktop, then make changes at smaller breakpoints. Please include your site’s Read-Only Share Link with your question.
A read-only link allows the community to view your project without making any edits to it and help diagnose your issue or provide feedback.

If your project has custom code or layout issues on the published site, please share that URL/URI as well.

Hey Jeff. Thanks for the reminder about the read-only link. Didn’t realize that allowed people to work in the designer. I’ll drop it below. In the meantime, let me be a little more clear one what I did:

Added a Heading, gave it a class, gave it a combo class, then tried to use the Inherit dropdown to return and edit “All H2 Headings.” If I selected the Mobile option up top, the clicked the menu to select “All H2 Headings” the only option available was the Desktop breakpoint of that tag. Similarly, if I selected “All H2 Headings” THEN switched to the mobile breakpoint, it would kick me out of the tag, and put me back to the Class / Combo Class. Now that I’ve added the style guide page, and adjusted the h2 tag there, the option to select “All H2 Headings” with a mobile breakpoint is available, but it shows as a separate tag (kind of…see image) in that step. Issue persists with the “Tablet” breakpoint, because I didn’t set anything there on the style guide page.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 9.31.40 AM

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/the-loose-caboose?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=the-loose-caboose&preview=08f709a2284fb57acd6fe243556a47c2&workflow=preview

This should be followed for reference. → HTML tags | Webflow University and a common practice to mange them is to use a style guide with elements on it and no classes assigned for easy editing.

Understood - Reviewed that this morning. That’s where I got the style guide and was able to modify the headings at the mobile break points. Is the behavior of not allowing you to edit H1/2/3 at breakpoints once a class is applied normal?

When you move to a breakpoint on elements with classes, and you had previously selected the “All elementname” selector, that selection is lost and you are returned to the class selector. SO if you want to style elements base styles do it on a naked element, and go through each breakpoint and style away.

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.