Can I legally download and host my generated Webflow site with the free subscription?

If I created a website with the free subscription, am I allowed to download it and host it myself (even though those features are only formally granted in the paid subscriptions)? If so, what restrictions do I have – for example, am I allowed to remove the Webflow watermarks? (Please assume that it is within my technical capabilities to download it).

Welcome to the community, @sotowpap.

I can’t say what the legality of something like this is, but instead of trying to bend the rules and figure out ways to get around the limitation, why not just pay for a month of the Account plan to get access to the code export? It’s only 24 bucks and exported sites don’t have the Webflow badge.

1 Like

Eh, true, but I would still like to know.

Consider a fairer way: Design your site on the free plan, then pay for a month of Designer Pro Plan at $24, during a month, finalize your site, as many pages as you want, then export the code, because you’ll have access to that feature during your paid month.

Then do whatever you want with the code because it’s yours, you paid for, you’re proud of it.

I’m sure that’s not how the plans were intended. That’s anyway not what most users will do.

So here’s your legal advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha you beat me to it :joy: Good reasoning!

1 Like

Well, I would still like to know, not only for myself but also for other people who might be wondering.

Then the answer is no.

From the Terms of Service, 1st paragraph of Use of the Service / You may not

• use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any manual process to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Service or any Content or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Service
2 Likes

Thank you! That makes it clear.