Workflow recommendations when working with developers 👀

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if anyone has suggestions on a good workflow that would make easier working w. developers that add features too complex to build on Webflow._

Usually I am doing the design and implement it on Webflow. Then, I export it and developers can add the missing part that aren’t doable on Webflow. But, if I want to edit the design implemented on Webflow after the developers worked on my first export, I’d have to re-export the website and the developers would need to reconnect everything they’ve done in the first place.

Does anyone already experienced this workflow issue? Am I missing something? Let me know if you want me to provide more details on the workflow.

Cheers folks,

Laurent.

Your developers will need a code/text-comparison tool to merge your new changes’ exported code with their codebase, by manually comparing each exported file with the same file in their code, and only replacing the changes from your code without affecting theirs.

This is the only way if you want to export, yet continue updating the design later using Webflow.

Hey @samliew. Thanks for your answer! So basically I would re-export the website and they would push it on GitHub?

It will be up to them to perform the code analysis/comparison and merge your changes with theirs. How they want to manage that is up to them. I have already provided a suggestion above.

@samliew I see. GitHub would allow them to do that, right?

No, it is not as simple as that.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.