Hey, are we able to create a membership website where you don’t have to create an account before subscribing?
Currently, when clicking the “subscribe” button on the product page it leads to the signup page. I’d like to have a direct checkout option.
No and yes. The Memberships subscription solution follows a specific path, because the user account and the subscription need to be connected.
However if you’re doing one-time payments, or using a 3rd party solution for recurring payments, you could invert that process.
Do your checkout first, taking an email as part of the checkout process, and then once the order payment is confirmed, you trigger an automation that calls Webflow’s Invite User api endpoint, with the specific access groups you’re giving access to.
They’d go through the same account-setup process but it would happen after the payment is collected.
Downside is, you’ll also have to manage cancellations and non-payment account closures externally if your accounts are subscription-based.
Hi @Edgars_Dimants welcome to the forum.
Not natively possible unfortunately. It’s something a lot have been complaining about. So it’s at the very least on Webflow’s radar.
Depending upon how comfortable you are with glueing all of this together yourself, it’s possible, but will take some effort.
Josh with Foxy here. If you don’t get what you need with Webflow Ecommerce, you might consider our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow
- Sell memberships and direct customers to the checkout to start their membership
- Show/hide Webflow content and pages based on membership
- Connect to 100+ gateways and payment methods
- Multi-lingual support
- Multi-currency support
- Embed a customer portal to allow customers to manage their subscriptions/memberships, view order history, update billing, and more (all inside of your Webflow site)
- Sell and accept gift cards
- Custom shipping functionality, logic, and integrations
- Custom tax functionality, logic, and integrations
- Powerful coupon and discount functionality
- and more!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: firstname.lastname@example.org