User accounts on purchase

Is it possible to automate the process of creating a user account somehow?

I want to have gated content but for access to this to be granted only after purchasing a product from the E-commerce website (a one-time subscription essentially).

I can’t see anything inside Webflow Logic that will help besides having them complete a form that I could put on the order confirmation page? However if they miss this then they will have to contact in order to receive the ability to create an account to view the content.

You can use a 3rd party automation platform to-

• Capture the new order webhook
  • Call the invite user API with that email

Logic doesn’t have the ability to call the Webflow API.

Hi @frazerphrase.
Josh with Foxy here. With our seamless Webflow integration, you can sell one-offs/subscriptions, paygate Webflow content, and more. General info available here: https://foxy.io/webflow

With our embeddable customer portal and Foxy Logic, you can conditionally show/hide Webflow pages, content, and elements based on any combination of conditions: customer logged in, active subscription, purchased specific product, etc.

We offer an unlimited free trial where you can integrate Foxy and try things out for as long as you need, free of charge. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hey @frazerphrase, :wave:

We love (and integrate with) Foxy, but if you’re looking to stick with Webflow Ecommerce, then checkout our new Customer Portal app:

(FREE while in Beta!)

• We offer a seamless customer account dashboard experience. All your customers have to do is checkout on your site and we will automatically create an account for them in your branded customer portal.
  • They just need to enter their email and we will send them a magic login link
  • Customers can see their past orders, subscriptions (with Monto Subscriptions app), become an affiliate of your site (with Monto Affiliates app), see store announcements and even gated downloadable files.

Let us know if you have any questions!
hello@monto.io

1 Like

Yess! This is exactly what I’m trying to do but I’m kind of stuck.

I’m trying to use Zapier to automate the creation of a new user account in Webflow after a course has been purchased through Plug&Pay. (We’re using Plug&Pay because Webflow Ecommerce does not support iDeal as a payment option)

I’ve connected Plug&Pay and Webflow to Zapier and created a zap with

1. Plug&Pay event “invoice created” with a specific product as the trigger, and then;
  2. Webflow API request to create a new user account with the client email and assign the right access group, using: Create and Invite a User

I keep getting the below 403 error even though I created an API token for this scope:

Response Body {“message”:“OAuthForbidden: You are missing the following scopes - ‘users:write’”,“code”:“missing_scopes”,“externalReference”:null,“details”:}

Do you have or know of a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this? I would be forever grateful!!

I only build these on client projects so I don’t have any tutorials.
What I can recommend is to learn a tool like Postman so that you can work out your exact call, oauth setup, and authentication first. Then it will be much easier to implement it in an automation tool like Zapier.