Webflow lagging and crashing in Designer

Having the same issue on two accounts. Webflow is crashing or freezing all of a sudden from Friday. Even on basic projects I can’t work more than 5-10 minutes. Please help.

Thanks everyone for reporting this. The team is aware of the issue and is actively looking into it. You can follow our progress on our status page here:

5 Likes

I’m finding mozilla in incognito mode now performs better than Chrome. First time I’ve used Mozilla in about 7 years… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Webflow seems to be creating a huge amount of data in Application storage on the browser. Before clearing Application Storage (cookies, session storage etc) it was up to 750MB stored. After clearing it all, it was working fine. However, Application Storage is back up to 100MB after about 20m of usage. Main culprit seems to be in IndexedDB > Events. The amount of events keep climbing. Several thousand per page load.

It might be best to clear application data when it gets slow.

Same Problem.but why?

To everyone that has been experiencing this issue, can you try to logout of Webflow, close the window and reopen and log back into Webflow? Please let us know if the issue is still happening after you have done this.

It’s no longer causing an issue, thanks for the fix!

1 Like

Everything looks back to normal. Great Job!

1 Like

Is this still only a problem for me?
Since the new update with the UI in designer, my larger site projects crash all the time, colors experience lag, and numerous menu items disappear

so many troubles after update

Since the update to the new UI , I am experiencing lags, it’s like is a fraction of second delay to any trackpad click or press on keyboard, especially noticeable when working with texts and dragging things in the navigator. I can record a video, but I think a lot of people experience this.

And THANK YOU for the recent update with Pointer Events: None! I am using it all the time and it is soo much easier not to custom code it. Especially useful in custom checkboxes and sliders.

This is still happening. Webflow team - is there a resolution? I have no way to troubleshoot - any element i select crashes the designer. Tried every browser, other computers, etc. All crash.

1 Like