Webflow and Bootstrap 4

Good morning! The development team is tied to Bootstrap 4. Is it possible to design in webflow for a Bootstrap setup? If so, what exactly is involved on my end to make sure what I design works for them?

Here is a basic (unfinished) version of what we’re thinking of doing. Nothing fancy since we’re still testing. Not everything is linked up.

https://gecvur.axshare.com/#c=2

Hi @maxflyer good question. You could mix Webflow with Boostrap, but it would be difficult since Webflow has its own framework. If it’s possible, try asking your dev team if you could use Webflow to design and build all the components HTML and CSS. That way Webflow could be the source of truth for your UI.

3 Likes

Yeah this is the same situation for me. I wish Webflow would have extended bootstrap 4 and made bootstrap what it could be. But what Webflow did is make what Bootstrap isn’t out of box. I’m starving to find a CDN webflow css path, and javascript path.

It would be great to simply import bootstrap.css into a new (or existing) webflow project.

Or better yet, for every new project there’s a built in Utility Page called “Style Template” page or something like that for all projects with option of generating it for existing page(s). With similar capability of Colormind - Bootstrap UI colors for quickly making theme swatches and quickly publish new theme, particularly useful for seasonal based themes.

1 Like