Using images from Media Assets in multi-image fields

Hello,

I don’t know if this can be done, and also I can’t find any similar topic in the forum. Am I missing something or is this not a feature yet?

My problem is, I have a site in which I need to use the same images in several CMS items at the same time.

For example, let’s say I have a ‘Recipes’ collection with a multi-image field called ‘Ingredientes’. Some of the ingredients are used in different recipes, so it would be useful to just pick the ingredient image from the Media Assets Library instead of uploading it again over and over again.

Does it make sense?

Makes sense. If you wanted to change the image of an ingredient in the future you also would not want to re-upload the image to each recipe.

Apart from the Recipe collection you’d also need to set up a separate Ingredients collection that holds all the information about an ingredient, incl. the photo of it. You could then perhaps use a multi reference field to add (reference) ingredients to a recipe.

Whether or not the multi-reference field works for you depends on how exactly you want things to pan out. But this is the route I’d explore.

That way, if you change the photo of an ingredient you’ll only need to do it once and it will update across all recipes.

Yes, I think that is the only way to do it at the moment.

It doesn’t work for me because there is a limit of 4 multi-reference fields per item and I need more.

Thank you for your answer anyway. Again, I agree that is the way to go.