Ability to use multi-image field with the reference field

It would be nice if we had the ability to use multi-image field with as a multi-reference in the CMS. It is possible to do that with single images, but not with the multi-image field, and I am wondering why that is.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

2 Likes

Hi @ds18,

What would you ruse case be for this feature? I do not see a need for this use. Please explain a bit more for this need?

Happy Designing,
Brandon

Well, I may have written that wrong. I meant reference, not multi-reference.

For example, I am building a real estate listings page with 4 multi-image fields, which allows 100 photos per listing. Each property page must have an MLS-safe version, and there is need for a branded version for agents to send to clients.

So, there is a branded, and an unbranded collection page. Each must be able to access the photos from the listings table. However, these collection pages are only able to access individual image fields, not the multi-image fields, which makes no sense, and causes all kinds of operational problems when trying to upload photos and sort them.

This is only one use-case. I am certain there are many more. Basically, if the single image field is available as a reference field, why isn’t the multi-image available as a reference field?..

Hmmm @ds18, I am not sure I can properly answer you for this. That reference capability can only be answered by Webflow Staff.

@sabanna, @cyberdave, @rileyrichter, @mistercreate, would any of you have a more accurate answer to this issue/question?

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful @ds18!

Happy Designing,
Brandon

1 Like

Thank you Brandon. I was actually trying to post a feature request to the wish list. I just couldn’t figure out how to do that, so I posted this topic to the forum.

@ds18,

Just go here: https://wishlist.webflow.com/ create an account and add it to list. However, make sure it hasnt already been added.

1 Like

Done. Thank you, Brandon.

1 Like