Updates to our pricing and plans

I wonder if these increased prices will help speed up the improvements that have been pending for the longest of times (such as being able to link hosting plans to different sites or utilising a new theme w/o having to either re-sub at full cost or creating a new Webflow project entirely).

At least add ‘form file upload’ in CMS plan if you are increasing its price by 40%

5 Likes

Well, I just had two clients request to cancel their site plans with news of the price hike. They’re not interested in Logic or Memberships—they want a custom site with a CMS. They’re looking at other hosting prices and cannot fathom why Webflow is so much more expensive (frankly, neither can I).

I sincerely hope that Webflow considers separating Logic and Memberships from the core CMS plan (and adjusting the price down). “Simple” sites no longer make financial sense on this platform.

Heck, look at Squarespace—they’re base plan (which includes an UNLIMITED CMS) is $16USD/mo billed annually. If you want more, you pay more.

I’m going to have to learn how to integrate a headless CMS and export my sites from Webflow…

9 Likes

Webflow had a huge edge over the competition but that gap continues to narrow as new platforms spring up.

Perhaps the core CMS plan could be considered historically under priced for single site owners, but with the lack of bulk pricing I would think keeping it at 20/mo for multi site owners would have been considered an olive branch to the ones bringing the cake.

Fortunately I’ve migrated most of my sites over to my own stack the past two years to avoid these types of discussions with my customers.

1 Like

Hey @matthewpmunger. Can you confirm that this is the list of plans currently available:

Starter
Basic
CMS
Business
Standard
Plus
Advanced
Core
Growth
Freelancer
Agency

Just trying to get my head around the changes.

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: In response to your feedback on our recent pricing and plan updates

There are two plan types: 1) Workspace plans, 2) Site Plans

Workspace Plans
(Free – Available to everyone)

• Starter

(Paid: In-House Teams)

• Core
  • Growth

(Paid: Freelancers / Agencies)

• Freelancer
  • Agency

Site Plans

• Free
  • Basic
  • CMS
  • Business
  • Ecommerce

Everyone will require a Workspace, even if it’s free :slight_smile:
To publish any site to a custom domain or to access incr. CMS items, you’ll need a paid site plan.

Thanks @Emily_Lonetto. Were you able to keep a straight face while writing that explanation?

You sort of prove my point. Why is it so hard to create a clear, simple overview?

(I know, you’ll read this and think “Well, it’s clear to us …”)

Happy Wednesday

1 Like

Webflow should offer CMS lite plan. Or the basic plan should include let’s say: 1 CMS collection and 10 collection items.

For example portfolio site with 4 study cases. For 4 cms items to pay so much. Not all clients needs Mega CMS. It’s too restrict pricing (all or nothing). ***I know a lot of sites that’s duplicate single pages because of this.

4 Likes

This is a comment I fully agree with :clap:

Webflow should have handled the issue themselves without shifting the burden to the customers however due to the living crisis it doesn’t seem like that plan will work out after all.

I hope they announce a better plan forward as my agency has spent the grace period, exporting code elsewhere and working out a creative way to use Webflow for the bare minimum (if at all) :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe a LITE plan just for landing page, custom/export code and no CMS o simple CMS … i no need all the other stuff.

Hi, so if I export the code and host the unhosted site on my own server, I won’t get CMS functionality? If NOT do I need to purchase hosting from Webflow on top of the Freelancer Workspace I already purchased - in order to have access to the CMS functionality?

Thanks

Honestly, im sorry to say but webflow pricing is an absolute disgrace and I have really been considering jumping ship. absulte bare bones eccom updates and functionality, yet my subscription is nearly £45($56) a month for A SINGLE WEBSITE in addition to the price increases they are sneakily adding in VAT. On this plan I can have only a single website I can work on with custom code. absolute rubbish. Im paying £45 ($56) a month and cant even get a out of the box and simple product filtering system, or a dissable scroll on cart open or menu open, jumping through stupid hoops for basic functionality lol

Can someone explain CMS functionality available in Workspaces for… IN HOUSE TEAMS (Core and Growth) vs AGENCY? If I read the pricing table(S) it calls out CMS for Agency, but says nothing for IN HOUSE… This is for unhosted sites either way, yet why would in house teams not need CMS access or some level of it? I am too lazy to go setup an in house account just to see it has no CMS features for even 50 items…

What am I missing?

David

this:

vs. this:

@DavidK I hear you, I am in the same conundrum…I now need to give my dev team access so core looks like a good option, but 50 CMS items…someone who has never worked on a client project though of that. SO annoying!

Hey @studiofolklore :slight_smile: it’s worth noting that the core workspace plan that you’re referring to is only referencing 50 CMS items on unpublished sites or sites without a site plan (i.e. a free plan).

If you’re looking to increase the # of CMS items you’ll want to purchase a site plan:

I am trying to figure out the difference between Agency - $35/mo and Growth - $49/mo. They all seem to have identical specs. The only thing I can see is with “Growth” you also get the ability to invite 2 freelancer guests? Is there any other added benefits to “Growth” for the higher cost? Can you still transfer with “Growth”?