Updates to our pricing and plans

Fully support your views here. I’m sorry Webflow but if you messed up with the original pricing thats your problem (which has now become ours!) If you had introduced the increase in smaller increments over a longer time period it would still be tough but I would find that an easier sell to clients.

2 Likes

Hey @Bammedia and @cataleen please go to this support page and answer the prompts before clicking the contact support button. This will give the representatives the best information to help you in a timely manner based on your specific situation.

Such an increase is a bit outrageous and it will definitely cost customers. I am considering to continue using Webflow at all. However, I have a question. Currently I have the Core Plan. I have several customers who do not have a credit card and I therefore host the site for them in my workspace with a Siteplan CMS. The customers sign up as an editor to make changes to the content. I bill the customer for the hosting. First of all, please add other payment methods other than credit card. That can’t be in this day and age… What plan do you recommend me? Should I stay with the Core plan or does it make sense to switch to the Freelancer plan? Can I continue to assign site plans to individual projects in Freelancer?

Sad greetings, Nico

1 Like

Since you work on sites for clients, the Freelancer workspace is designed for you. The decision to transfer sites to the client, be added as a guest on their sites, or host and bill them is up to you to decide the optimal workflow.

Yes, of course, all workspaces including Freelancer have access to all site plans.

I’m currently in the process of finding a replacement for Weebly.

We were almost set on using Wordpress, until a friend of mine recommended to try out Webflow. After a quick trial period, we felt there was a strong case to pick Webflow over Wordpress. There was a bit more customization that worked in our favor, and the CMS pricing fell right in line with what we wanted to pay.

Although I am frustrated that this price increase is happening, I am relieved that the message came when it did, as it is making my choice between the two builders a whole lot easier.

44% price increase is absurd. Even if $23 a month was in our budget, the principal alone is enough to sway me away from Webflow.

Not only is this going to affect your current customer base, I am here letting you know it is also affecting your potential customer base.

6 Likes

Hey Catalin, thank you for writing in.

This is a reported issue and our team is actively pushing a fix. Our team will reach out shortly to make sure you receive the appropriate grace period.

Hey Filippo,

I understand your frustration and while the grace period is valid for a year, we’ve heard the feedback around localized pricing and are actively looking into ways that we can support our global audience now and into the future.

While I know there isn’t much I can say to help change how you’re feeling in this moment, I hope that you understand that we’re actively listening to this feedback and are committed to investing in our European/International user base.

1 Like

Hey Cormac,

I understand that you may already be working through this issue with @PixelGeek, but wanted to comment here as well.

Should you experience any discrepancies on your invoices, this is a reported error and our team is actively working through ways to fix this moving forward. You should not be charged anything over your existing legacy rate, our team will be reaching out to ensure you and your client are charged the correct amount. We apologize for any confusion this has caused.

1 Like

It seems like most users of web flow (or those with beef about the price increase) are mainly freelancers/agencies. I am currently seeing if I want to use webflow for a simple website for my business, it’s basically the front end of an app so all the stuff accessed when logged in is managed elsewhere. I only require 1 website, it won’t get updated often but to make cetain things easier I am looking at the CMS plan. If I understand the pricing right I believe it will cost me ~$500 a year for a single site with CMS. Whilst that does seem pretty expensive since it’s given us the ability to do it quickly in-house (compared to hiring an agency) it’s not actually that bad (obviously I would prefer the cheaper price). I would however say that the webflow pricing plans are totally confusing, and it’s very easy to not realise you need to pay for a site and workspace. It does surprise me there’s not a simple 1 site offering for small businesses - even if that essentially just bundles a workspace and site together.

Also just to add, as a new user it seems like there is functionality that is missing, and the wish list seems to not get touched that often, i hope this increase in price means a flurry of new features and fixes

2 Likes

The idea of this message is not to compare the platforms (Of course I prefer Webflow).

True to 2022 - “Main” Player VS Webflow is Elementor Pro.

Elementor offer Pro website builder + Google Cloud Platform hosting (20GB) - it’s balances in “macro” view (SSL, CDN, Top edge Hosting) - the advantages Webflow has regarding Hosting.

Compare pricing (1 site 1 user):
WEBSITE BUILDER + HOSTING (1 Year): +-115$ per year (399 nis).

Webflow - 276$. DOUBLE. In real life you need 1-2 more WordPress plugins (ACF pro for example). But still the difference is very big.

SUM: At some point it might make more sense to move to a TIER route in “complex” things like LOGIC or MEMBERSHIP and stay at a competitive price for basic/small sites.

3 Likes

Can I ask how do you manually upgrade to Freelancer? I can’t see any option to do so…

1 Like

If Webflow could at least bill in Euros that would be a start…

1 Like

Under your profile go to Workspaces → Plans → For Freelancers & agencies Tab

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the screenshot

1 Like

I don’t have that option yet… I guess I’ll sit and wait for the email prompt.

Hmm - I just migrated from the OLD growth plan (with the price reduction from the voucher) to workspaces for $0.00 - which is correct. And then moved my plan to an Agency plan as its the best fit for me.

I was told I would get a $68 credit on my account (which I have) because I had paid annually until late Feb, but they also billed for the $68 as well???

Support case logged with screenshots etc - mostly a smooth experience apart from the incorrect billing. It aint a credit if you give with one hand and take with another!

2 Likes

To me, it feels that a 40+ percentage increase is hard to justify, especially when comparing with other platforms and hosting providers. It would be enlightening to understand the calculations and thinking behind these figures, other than we feel it was too cheap.

As many have already mentioned, this will hit small agencies and freelancers pretty hard, especially those that have a lot of clients who run on the CMS hosting plan, which I assume is the most commonly used plan.

Some quick calculations to highlight the price increases on the CMS plan:

• 10x CMS Site Plans (Annually): Was $2304 Now $3312 Difference $1008
  • 10x CMS Site Plans (Monthly): Was $2400 Now $3480 Difference $1080
  • 25x CMS Site Plans (Annually): Was $5760 Now $8280 Difference $2520
  • 25x CMS Site Plans (Monthly): Was $6000 Now $8700 Difference $2700
  • 50x CMS Site Plans (Annually): Was $11,520 Now $16,560 Difference $5040
  • 50x CMS Site Plans (Monthly): Was $12,000 Now $17,400 Difference $5400

At the very least, I think the Webflow leadership team should consider introducing a bulk buying discount/rate targeted at freelancers and agencies (which makes good business sense for both parties). This has been something talked about ever since I joined the Webflow community in 2018, but has always been kicked down the road everytime I’ve enquired. Perhaps now is a good time to introduce it?

4 Likes

Hey @alexdixon, helping professional freelancers and agencies be successful with Webflow is a top priority at the company. For the examples you mentioned, we especially want to make sure folks bringing in a high volume of clients feel supported + rewarded here.

While we don’t have bulk/volume discounts now, this is something we understand and I’ve shared your specific feedback with the team. In the meantime, the Experts program offers revenue sharing as a reward for bringing new clients in.

I had the same problem. I had to sign up for the suggested “In-house team” - “core” plan. Once that was done I had the ability to select one of the Freelancer plans.

Personally, there is no way I would consider bulk discounts. I’ve been relatively mindful not to put too many eggs into the Webflow basket while I tested it out. What makes it so frustrating is that it had so much potential. Based on 4 years of using Webflow, I have very little trust or confidence in their direction. I believe being conservative has been a good move because it means not all my customers are being affected by this. Ironically, I turned to Webflow after the Adobe Business Catalyst debacle because I believed the attractive marketing hype (Well played Webflow!) There were a lot of businesses that based their model solely on the BC platform that went belly up when the platform did.

3 Likes