Unwanted Horizontal Scroll (Inconsistent Issues across browsers and devices)

Hi guys,

Please can someone help as I have tried anything I can think of. Throughout the whole website, unwanted horizontal scrolls are happening across all breakpoints with no explanation. I created a new test page and added elements individually to see If I can locate the problem but still can’t get my head around it. Everything works as expected in the designer but on the link below you will see that the test page (coming soon 2) acts differently on different browsers and devices once published…

Safari

Desktop: Works fine on test page. Horizontal scroll is seen on other more complicated pages.

Landscape mobile: White bars appear on either side of the content for the test page. Same thing happens for the more complicated pages and there is also horizontal scroll.

Portrait Mobile: Works fine on test page. On other pages it works fine when you first load the page, however once you go into landscape mode and then back into portrait, the page is then off centred and you are able to horizontal scroll. What’s even weirder is that when this happens and you scroll to the bottom of the page, the content snaps back into the centre and the horizontal scroll disappears

Chrome

Desktop: Works fine on test page. Other pages you are able to horizontal scroll. When you do this, a white bar appears on the right side of the content. Again, when you scroll to the bottom, the content snaps back into place…

Landscape Mobile: Horizontal scroll and white bars on test page. Same thing happens on other pages and page DOES NOT snap back into place when you scroll to the bottom.

Portrait Mobile: Test page is fine when you first launch. However once you put switch to landscape mode and then switch back, 1 of 2 things happen… either white bars appear at both sides of the content or a white bar appear on the right side of the content and pushes the content to the left. On other pages there is an unwanted horizontal scroll but again, the content snaps into place when you reach the bottom of the page. Even more weird again is when you switch to landscape mode and then switch back, white bars appear on both sides of the content as well as a horizontal scroll. But once you scroll to the left, the content then snaps to the left leaving just 1 white bar on the right.

I have been trying to fix these bugs for months now and cannot get my head around it. The worst part is the issues vary on different devices and browsers and aren’t consistent at all. The fact that content works fine until you switch to landscape and back again, and that content snaps back into place once you scroll to the bottom is absolutely mind boggling. Please please please can someone help me. This is my second ever Webflow website and it was for a client. I really cannot trust to use Webflow again if there are unpredictable bugs like this happening.

If no one knows how to fix it, how do I go about contacting Webflow for extra support? Because so much money has gone into this site and it isn’t working how it should.

Read Only Link: Webflow - Haines Co.

Published website link: https://haines-co.webflow.io/coming-soon-2

Images of some issues discussed on mobile devices:

1 Like

So did you manage to fix it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.