Unlinking elements in CMS?

In the CMS Collection Pages, anytime I add or change anything, it changes that same thing in all my Items within the Projects page. Is there a way to unlink certain elements (like a text box) within the Items? Because sometimes I want to do certain changes just to that Item.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey! Im wondering the same, did you found an answer?

Need more info. or a case scenario.

If you’re referring to editing a template page for a cms collection, when you make an edit on this page, that change will take place on all item pages. If you unlink an element on the template page, this will unlink on all versions of the page.

If you’re referring to a collection list, it will act in a similar way to the template page because the list is essentially a repeat (template) of the styling. If something unique needs to happen within a collection list’s content, this will need to be factored into your database. OR you can break the list into (for example) two lists and allow an area between the content for your unique element. Hope that makes sense!

Hi I’m also having the same question too! Here’s some context of what I’m trying to do.
Inside each project details pages in my portfolio, the number of paragraphs, images amounts will be different. For example, in an icon design project, I wanna put only pictures and one paragraph. But for another case study project I would like to put multiple paragraphs to storytell in details.

I appreciate using CMS template page to easily extract the info and apply on all pages, but still I wanna make some tweaks in each page. Any ideas on how to do?

Currently my only idea is to use CMS condition but that’s still not smart enough.

Hi Lili,

Templates themselves do not have variation by item, but you can create all of the sections you want and then hide/show them depending on the configuration you need.

Here’s how I do that-