Unlink and edit symbol

I have a nav bar on my home page which is a symbol, however I don’t seem to be able to unlink it from the symbol so that I can edit it independently on subsequent pages. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

When the symbol div is selected, right click on the symbol element > Unlink from Symbol.

1 Like

Have tried that and it just doesnt seem to work. If you could take a look I’d be very grateful. Here is a link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/beer-shop?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=beer-shop&preview=1aedf4588eb36605b80f8a498f148577&mode=preview

I just tried clicking on the “Unlink from Symbol” and it worked fine.
After unlinking the nav from the symbol, you’ll be able to make changes to the nav without having it reflected on all the other symbols.

Thanks Eli but when I make a change the nav still changes on other pages. I can unlink but doesn’t seem to work as it should

Does the frame of the element change color from green to blue?

Yes. I think I have figured it out. I unlinked both instances of the symbol then edited both individually then re-saved each as separate symbols. Clunky way to do it but it seems to have worked.

1 Like

I’m having this problem right now and the menu that appears on the right-click doesn’t have “unlink from symbol”. Why would that be?
Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 09.24.45