Transfer domain to another Webflow site

Hi there,

I’m having some trouble with the following situation:

We’ve made a placeholder website in Webflow that is live right now. We also created a new website (also in Webflow) that has to replace this placeholder now.

The problem is that you can’t connect the same domain to 2 different Webflow sites. The obvious solution would be to remove the custom domain on the placeholder and then add it to the new website. The problem with this is that the website will go offline as soon as we remove the custom domain from the placeholder.

Is there anyway to do this without having the website go down?

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: I probably should have been more clear about the fact that I don’t have access to the DNS settings.

If both sites are in the same workspace it’s pretty trivial,
just a few seconds of downtime between clicking “remove” domain on the one site and add domain on the other.

Add a minute if you’re transferring plans as well.

Thank you for the quick reponse.

I was under the impression that the verification code would change when you handle it that way. But as I understand now, the verification code will be the same because the domain is the same? It doesn’t matter that it’s attached to a new website/project?

Correct, I haven’t actually checked whether verification is account-specific or both domain-and-account-specific, but I just recently did a migration a few days ago including a plan move and total downtime was under a minute.