Style Manager Clean Up ruined site

I recently used the clean up function in the Style Manager and it’s deleted a bunch of styles that were definitely still in use. Stripped my home page of all styling for about 4 out of 6 sections. Have to rebuild from scratch. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi @Toby_Parmenter, I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the styles. I cannot think of a time where the cleanup of styles has ever deleted styles that were still in use.

One thing to check is if your recent backups have the styles you are looking for: Save & restore backups | Webflow University

The behavior sounds extremely strange, one thing I would check is to make sure that your browser is running the latest updates, and to see if there are any browser extensions loaded that might be interferring with the Webflow browser code.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

I hope this helps.

Hi @cyberdave Thanks for the quick response. I looked through the backup history and sure enough it was when 100 odd styles were cleaned up which is when everything got messed up. All good can restore it, but kinda annoying as now means I’ve lost all the work I did this afternoon after the clean up.

I’ve checked on incognito and the same thing happens between the clean ups, its seems all the classes that were deleted were ones that had been duplicated, and somehow the style manager had mistaken them for their duplicates and deleted both.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.