[Solved] Has anyone else noticed that their clients can no longer publish their own sites?

Sharing here as well:

Hey there! The team confirmed this is a bug. They’ve shipped a fix but I’m waiting on confirmation if it will be retroactively applied to all who are impacted or if there’s an immediate solution.

Looking to provide an update ASAP

Thanks @Emily_Lonetto ,
It looks like the fix only applies to new content editor accounts, not retroactive to my client. I reissued Editor access to a test email address and received the Edit & Pubish Access, but my client is still as Edit. I’ll revoke his access and have them accept a new invite while the Webflow team works on the retroactive fix.

cc: @Andy_Hockey @Nuria_Gomez_Boadas @Guy_Habgood1 @studiofolklore

3 Likes

Appreciate your re-inviting @john_katayama cc: @Andy_Hockey @Nuria_Gomez_Boadas @Guy_Habgood1 @studiofolklore

I’ve spoken with the team and they’re working on a retroactive application, but recommend doing exactly what you did and re-inviting your client. We’ve identified the root cause was and this shouldn’t be a problem moving forward.

I appreciate you all for bringing this up and your patience while I pushed this fix :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for being so speedy on this Emily! Really kind of you. I almost upgraded today and thankfully checked this just before I did. FIngers crossed you can get this fixed as it is an essential feature for clients. I did think it was quite an odd change to make to our backend.

1 Like

Hey Emily. Any update on this? I am launching a site today and need to hand over publishing capabilities to sign off the project and send a final invoice.

Does this apply if you transfer their site to their own individual account after designing and building it? Like are they adding a code cookie or something along with the site transfer?

Hi there! Can confirm that they’ve published a fix and if you re-invite or invite moving forward you should not experience this bug.

Thank you again for bringing this up - I can only imagine how frustrating this flow has been.

This should not impact anything moving forward.

@Emily_Lonetto I had downgraded and then just recently re-upgraded to a Core plan and am having the issue above. I have tried deleting/re-adding users, but their access doesn’t change.

So if we have a CMS hosting plan do we not have the ability for content editors to publish? If it’s a bug, how do we grant editors access to push their changes live? To me CMS means granting Content Managment for our clients. Publishing changes is a crucial part of that workflow!

Hey @Ash_Faulkner if you reach out to support.webflow.com they can quickly triage that for you! Happy to ping them as well.

Yes, if you have a CMS plan your content editors can publish.

I encountered this same problem today, when a client informed me they were unable to publish their changes. I deleted them form the editors list and reinvited them with publishing permissions and everything seems to be working again. Hopefully the bug has been conclusively fixed and this doesn’t happen again.

Hi, I have this problem today, when the client told me that he can’t publish and when I verify the permissions is on “Edit”. I test the permissions on a “test” email, I define the “Can edit and publish” and when I validate the email and join, it appear an “Edit” permissions. I am in a Business Plan and the bug happen…

I had the same issue today, but after re-inviting my client publishing became available by default. I think the bug is still present, but intermittent.

1 Like

Thanks @advernut - will give the team a heads up here. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Hi, I noticed this problem today and content editors can not publish the changes, when I check the permissions are on “Edit”. It’s apparently a bug in Webflow, any news @Emily_Lonetto ?

Have you been able to reinvite them? If you’ve done that and you’re still seeing it restrict as edit only - then shoot a note to support.webflow.com and we can help you out :pray:t2:

1 Like

This is not the case I am having a serious problem with this

Hi @Emily_Lonetto this issue still exist on our account. We are on freelancer workspace and issue exist on e-commerce standard site. I have contacted Webflow support and later got access for the first editor, but others don’t have an option to publish the site. When I hover over the toggle button, it says “You don’t have permission to perform this action”. Screenshot attached.

Have you already tried removing and re-inviting?