[SOLVED] After change of slug name, both slugs available

Hi,

some days ago I changed the slugs of several pages. Now, those pages can be reached from both slugs/URLs. Shouldn’t the “old slug” generate a 404 error?

Webmaster Tools report Dublicate title tags and Meta Descriptions, because the old and new slugs lead to the same page. Any ideas why both slugs are still working?

Cheers,
Michael

I have been having the same issue (http://forum.webflow.com/t/problem-with-slug-after-rename-old-slug-still-exists) and what seems to be possible at the moment is a workaround: redirect the old slug to the new one.

Ok, thanks.

But is there a reason why the old slug still exits?

So renaming is not a “rename” but a “dublicate using a different slug”? That would mean that all current and recent slugs still exist and all old slugs have to be redirected to the current slug?

Hi @michael, could you please unpublish your site, then republish and see if the issue still persists?

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Cheers,
Dave

2 Likes

Hi @cyberdave,

problem solved ;)! Thanks a lot!!!

Does that mean that I should always unpublish and republish the project after changing the slugs to ensure that old slugs get deleted?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi @michael, yes, at the moment, that is what you will need to do, to remove those :smile:

Cheers,
Dave

1 Like

As long as I know what to do … thats perfect :smile:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.