Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Site search beta discussion

I got something basic working by setting “Display Setting” to flex for both “Nav Menu” and “Search.”

1 Like

Thank you, I will give it a go and report back if any further issues

1 Like

@forresto
Thanks, your example helped me find what broke my layout.
FYI: my “Search Input” block was on position “Absolute”, which although it was inside the “search” (position “Relative”)block still shifted everything.

1 Like

Hey, just reporting back, everything looks good now, thank you so much for listening and fixing, appreciate it. You guys rock!

3 Likes

I think this COULD be my issue - I can’t get images to show up. I just turned off how it was pulling from the OpenGraph, so maybe it’ll work, but I guess I have to wait for it to re-index… tomorrow.

Here’s my share link if anyone wants to take a look. https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wesandgold?preview=94ea6736a853845b34959e2a3b7bab59

UPDATE: Turning off OpenGraph seems to have worked after re-indexing.

Is it possible to set columns/rows layout for the search results in the same way you get the option when adding a dynamic list ?

Like this:

layout

2 Likes

Great idea. Adding it to our list of enhancements!

1 Like

It would be nice if elements on a collection page that are hidden due to a condition are also hidden from search results automatically. This should also apply to child elements.

For instance, I have multiple text elements that are linked dynamically to a date in the collection but show/hide based on conditions to the date/time input. This displays the correct date format depending on conditional factors. On the search page, I see multiple instances of the date in a row with the different formatting.

2 Likes

Awesome - this will mean (online store) I can essentially style the search results in the same style as the product item listings = for the user it will feel more like typing in and applying their own filters, and less like a standard search experience…

Does that make sense?

:+1: :smile:

1 Like

Good point. I’ll look into this.

Here’s a shop with customized results:

1 Like

So far, I’ve got it to index and work properly as I wanted it to. Is there no way to access the search data? I can see how many search queries have been made and how many times it’s been indexed on the site settings page.

Hi @nabbiechan

Hoping there might be an internal WF way to do this in future, but there is currently this option:

Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks @forresto

I’ve managed to style mine as hoped - but it definitely feels more intuitive (to me) to have similar column options like with dynamic lists. Psychologically, i’m seeing the lilac ‘dynamic’ colouring and expecting the same options for initial formatting.

Thanks
Stu

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!

Have implemented this and will see how it goes with analytics.

Is there any way to filter our a site search to specific conditions? For example, only showing a specific type of collection item based on a criteria like how it’s done with dynamic lists. There are items in the collection that I don’t want to show in the results but I also don’t want to archive them because of it.

I think it would be useful to be able to pick the title’s from the CMS items itself, instead of their search index title.

1 Like

Hi @guido! I left this message in the other thread as well, but you can define the Search Title in the settings for each page and dynamic template page (by default it uses the SEO Meta Title).

Hi @nabbiechan you can exclude entire pages, dynamic template pages, individual elements and their contents from the index. You can exclude the elements in the settings panel for each element.

Hi, I have reindexed my site today and published. The pages I have excluded in site search are still showing? I have checked that the site has indeed been reindexed and it is showing I can’t re do for 24 hours so assume it has been reindexed, how long can I expect the excluded pages to be cleared for the site search results?