Shifting website from softr to webflow

Hey,

What things do I need to keep in mind when shifting a website from softr to webflow?

Can it be done without a hassle?

Great questions @Sunil_Gill :smile: :webflow_heart: and welcome to the community!

We’re super excited that you’re looking into moving to Webflow from Softr.

Typically the biggest things to account for around SEO, to ensure that your site can be found by your customer base easily. Moving platforms is an opportunity to design your site’s user experience and content to best cater to your audience. It would be easier to provide more advice with a link to your current website. :smile:

Here are some free resources that we recommend:

Well, the website is in the beta stage and I am shifting because URL structure it gives to show the airtable records.

Can you please tell me how good the weflow integration is with airtable?

Basically, I am panning to create a directory of tools.

1 Like

Hey @Sunil_Gill there’s actually not an integration directly between Webflow and Airtable, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. You can use Airtable as kind of backend database and sync changes to Webflow’s CMS. There are few ways to do this.

1. Automation
Using Zapier or Integromat, it is possible automate changes in either platform and send them to the other. I reccomend watching videos from Connor Finlayson which are great and are about building a directory similar to what you’re creating. This option is a bit more advanced and requires a good understanding of Webflow, Zapier, and Airtable.

2. 3rd-party app
The second option is using an app that creates the automation for your. Here are the ones I’m familiar with, but haven’t used on a live project. You’ll need to evaluate and verify if any of them can fit your needs. These tools allow you to set up your Airtable and Webflow separately and they’ll provide the connection between them. There are some slight differences in how/when the syncing works, but they provide an intermediate level solution.

3. Hire a no-code developer
Depending on your level of expertise or comfort in the first two options, it may be worth your time and money to hire a no-code developer to implement this for you. Here are some recommendations from the community on how to find such an individual for hire.

I hope all of this helps you get your site transitioned and operational. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

3 Likes