Sharing/copying pages, elements, symbols, components, etc across projects

Hi @Le_Matmasta, thanks for checking up. At the moment, I do not have an ETA for this. As soon as there is an update, I will post here on the Wish List.

Hi @cyberdave, I think this has to do with webflow trying to sell as many templates as possible.
Question is: would webflow be better off making money selling templates or multiplying platform users exponentially?
I personally think it is a bit short-sighted to (enormously) limiting webflow gowth as a company for the sake of selling templates.
Once the copying of EVERYTHING between websites will be possible NOTHING will stop webflow to become one of the world leaders in codeless website design!
…unfortunately I don’t run the company though…

2 Likes

Hi guys, I am new to webflow but have gone through the above thread. What is the best way to share (copy+paste) elements between pages of the same project without using Symbols?

Be able to then customize minor details of those elements per page - thus not using Symbols.
Thanks

Well, just copy & paste?

2 Likes

lol. yes that works. not sure what i was doing wrong before :wink:

Sounds like a job for…da da da dat… da daaa … Daaaaa! Web Components! Custom Elements, Shadow DOM, Templates and HTML Imports to the rescue! Coming soon to a browser near you! :grin:

R

4 Likes

I hadn’t heard of that before, but now that you mentioned it, let’s provide some general information to the community:

+1 from me too. I only have two sites, but they will do well to share content and symbols

+infinity … this is literally giving me crippling repetitive strain injury (>_<)

hi my name is spyros i am from greece and i have just start webflow
I don’t have many skills , but I try.

+1 from me also. There is clearly a demand for this so surely you guys can prioritise this functionality?

Or at least an explanation as to why not?

Rob

+1 Always wished there is such a function.
Back in old days, we have reusable HTML code bits for structure and brand with different CSS style across different projects.
Really looking forward to this feature!

Plus 1 from me also.

+1 for this. Such a Feature will be really powerful

I’m just facing having to manually rebuild a page I have on one project into another project.

+1 for this from me too…

4 Likes

+1 for this. Would be nice to create a kind of web elements library in my account and then use those elements in any project.

3 Likes

Want to buy a template, but can’t because I need to use one of its pages in my existing site. Really need this feature; all I want is to copy and paste a page from one site to another.

1 Like

Can someone from webflow tell me how to copy sections or symbols from one website to another?
I really need to do this and re-doing the styles in every project is not a feasible work flow.
A prompt reply would be great as I need an answer or support now. I have seen alot of questions since 2013, surely this has already been taken into consideration?
Thanks.

I would like to see this feature as well.

Hey, what do you know. I would like to see this feature as well.

After looking at forum threads that date back 3+ years, it looks like this is a much bigger deal for users then for Webflow developers.

Is there some internal technical reason why this is impossible?