Separate custom backups from auto backups

There are times when I am refactoring a website using the staging url and need to save a snapshot of the state in case there are changes to the live site that need to be pushed before the refactoring is done.

I save these snapshots as a custom backup but when it is time to find it again, I have to scroll through all of the auto backups to find it.

It would be great if our custom backups were separated out like the original version is.

3 Likes

I concur.

Here’s another idea: Perform a diff of the current and previous backup snapshots and distill the changes into a concise description of what the backup contains. Currently all we see is a count of pages, styles and elements. What if it also listed the pages that were changed?

Here’s another idea: when read-only viewing a snapshot, have those differences highlighted with a yellow background to be found quickly in the navigator hierarchy.

Here’s another idea: enable right-click show context menu in the navigator pane so there is immediate access to the ‘Copy’ command. Allow the contents of the clipboard to persist when returning to the main timeline where the contents can be pasted. This way a subset of the backup can be restored. Currently the restore is all or nothing.

I found that the Cut/Copy/Paste functionality when right-clicking on the element’s outline header where the context menu appears. These menu items don’t appear to work. The use of the keystrokes ctrl-c, ctrl-v will work in some cases.