Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Saved changes lost


Every now and then Webflow reverts backs to a previous state which means changes that have been saved are lost.

Is there anything I can do to gurentee that when the green icon appears to say changes have been saved, they are?


Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)


Man that sounds horrific, have you checked if the saves are showing up in the backups section of your site’s settings?

Be sure to email about this as well.

I have this problem too.


I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues. My best suggestion for you is to use Cmd or Ctrl + S on your computer at key points within your project. Also, using the staged published domain will also make sure your work is saved.

Hope that helps,

@rileyrichter can you double check this issue and see what the timed delay between saves is? and why so many people are having issues with their content being deleted?

TIA, Brandon

1 Like

Thanks Brandon,

I’ll follow these steps and let you know if I still get the issues.


Hello, @neilor!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team! I’m happy to help! (Thanks for tagging me, @WebDev_Brandon!).

Can you do some testing for me? Do you still see this happening when in Incognito or Private mode?

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off:

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me:

(3) Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can work on solving this issue! :webflow_heart:

1 Like

It’s the worst bug I see at the moment with Webflow. I keep discovering that little content changes are lost and it seems completely random what those are. At first I thought that it’s just my memory playing tricks on me but now more and more cases are accumulating … my theory that I did the changes in the wrong multiverse lies in shambles.

Just a few minutes ago I discovered another “lost” change and decided to voice my +1 concern here.
I use Safari without extensions and see some console errors (403) for some files. No idea if it’s related.

Scary thing

Apparently not only the designer is affected. I just noticed that my form submission settings are pointing to a previous email, which I already changed.

@WebDev_Brandon WebDev_Brandon

Again, I lost more than 6 hours of my work!

My live website shows a new version of the page, while the Webflow Designer loads a version without all the changes I made to the classes. While the content of the page (text) has all the latest changes, the modified classes of certain elements are lost.

I have to consider to stop using the product, I keep losing a lot of time fighting those issues.

I don’t know how to reproduce the error, I would have to use the browser (Chrome) for days in incognito mode to follow your suggestions. I can say for sure that it happened repeatedly in Chrome (Stable and Canary) and in the latest stable version of Safari. I disabled all plugins to be able exclude as many factors as possible while using Webflow.

Today using Chrome I opened the Designer and was shocked to see that the page I was working on on a very tight deadline is displaying as a “draft” also with the previous page name. After a moment of despair (and rage) I closed the browser immediately hoping that Webflow server will update the changes from the correct new version of the page that is currently live. I waited and opened the Designer again and saw that page save status changed from draft to normal and the page has updated content in it, however a lot of changes are lost.

This problem keeps haunting me for months already and I lost countless hours of work and nerves. Please help us solve this issue!

How can it be that it’s been months already without even one reply from the tech support?

On purpose I didn’t publish the page with the lost data until I get feedback from my client (since the live site was still fine) and from webflow support to track the problem.

Since I cannot wait years to hear answer on the forums I decided in the meantime to file a support ticket and while filling out the form I was asked for read-only share link to the Webflow Project in question, so I opened the Webflow Dashboard and could not find the “share” button. It turns out my project was “unpublished” within 2 hours after I posted about the problem here on the forums.

Seriously I don’t understand how is something like this even possible. I had no choice but to press publish again and now I need to redo all the work!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.