Rich Text Editor Cursor Jumping

I’m having a lot of trouble in the Editor view with Rich Text fields. It keeps jumping around when I’m trying to type, photos that I’ll upload will disappear right after they finish uploading, and it will only save portions of the text intermittently when saving drafts. It’s incredibly frustrating.

I saw that there is a close Bug post from last year that never had a resolution: Cicking in to Rich Text Editor causes cursor to jump to top of Rich Text

My experience seems similar. Here’s a video of what’s happening. The problem happens with and without the Grammarly plugin working, but it seems worse with Grammarly on.

Any updates/ideas?

Video: https://www.useloom.com/share/cfc7ec4a8b91463497db7337a3f7b87c

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @graysenpack

jsut to make sure its not an installed extension issue, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

I’ll be standing by for your response.

Hi @PixelGeek

I cleared out my plugins and cleared everything out of my browser storage. All seems well with Grammarly off now.

I know there is a way you can code it so that can’t run in certain areas (Google Docs does this). Not sure if that’s something that would be possible for the RTF part of the Editor.

Thanks & love your product

1 Like

We are currently working on an update of the RTF editor. But I’m glad it works now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.