Not sure if this exact problem was ever mentioned (I didn’t find any references) so here it goes:
It is impossible to rename a class in a multi-class item when the class renamed is the second and higher up in the name of this item. OK, that sounds incomprehensible even for me so here is an easily reproducible case:
- create div withe class of “main”
- create a div with the class of “secondary”
- create a div, give it first the class “main”, then add class “secondary”
- rename class “main” to “main-alt” using the first div. Check the third div - it is now correctly named
- rename class “secondary” to “secondary-alt” using second div. Check the third div - it is still named
.main-alt .secondarywhile we expect it to be named
This leads to a mess when creating complex multi-class based systems where you just add classes responsible for some attributes to the elements and then later decide to rename some class.
Or maybe I am missing something? Thank you!